Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Antonio Morais Junior
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

OK... Does anyone can give a good information about WHEN this game will be avaiable?

FFG usualy delays the launch of its games a lot, so I'm guessing that we won't be seeing this game until jan/feb of 2007?

Is that right? The main competition for this game (at least for me) is Battlelore. So if Tide of Iron will be avaiable only in 2007 I'll probably buy/preorder Battlelore for december and let this game for mid 2007.

It's hard to decide which games purchase if we don't have a clear release date... soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you like Memoir '44? Looks like Battlelore is going to be a whole lot like that. Which is why I won't get it. Tide of Iron is going to be a lot more like Sergeants, Lock 'n Load or Advanced Squad Leader, as I understand it (a tactical squad game). Seems to me like the two games are very different. (Not that you can't like both, of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
FFG is still aiming for a December release. However, once it goes to the printer, it is out of their hands.

Mike Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
Do you like Memoir '44? Looks like Battlelore is going to be a whole lot like that. Which is why I won't get it. Tide of Iron is going to be a lot more like Sergeants, Lock 'n Load or Advanced Squad Leader, as I understand it (a tactical squad game). Seems to me like the two games are very different. (Not that you can't like both, of course).

Actually I like both. Battlelore looks like a improved version of Memoir 44. Today Memoir 44 is one of the most played games in my group so I can see Battlelore been played a lot.

Tide of Iron is more "my kind of game". More strategic, complex. The real deal here is the price (both games have a similar price range) and the fact that I will be able to purchase only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Zebrowski wrote:
FFG is still aiming for a December release. However, once it goes to the printer, it is out of their hands.

Mike Z

Do you know if it already went to the printer? I saw something about it on the other topic, but I don't it's for real.
Also I don't how long would take to print the all the copies. Two/Three months?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
usually the rulebook goes up three or four months before the game is released. No sign of the rule book yet.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam faraci
Australia
melbourne
victoria
flag msg tools
Theres really not much info on this game at all at the moment ,so i was hoping ffg would release some info on this game or at least let us know when they will .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljoscha S. Nett
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, this waiting kills me!

If FFG really planed to releas ToI in December, there would have been some previews and teasers, or what?!?

Even the Rants remain quiet!

Anybody heard something?

Cheers,
Aljoscha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As usual....it's done when it's done! In today's world of gaming...I think most GOOD publishers would rather have a game that is PLAYABLE than to lose customers in the future due to poor game design or rules blunders! In December?.....I don't think that will happen....maybe Feb or March. BUT!!!!.....if you look on the FFG website....they say that Descent:Well of Darkness is 'IN DEVELPMENT'...but my copy is on the way!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sellers
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually when I look at the FFG product release schedule which was updated on 10/27/2006 it shows “Descent: Well of Darkness Expansion" --> "Available Since: October 25th, 2006"

Even better, looks like Tide of Iron is now At the Printer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy Castro
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, your right! It does say "At the Printer"!!!! Whooot!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/productsrelease.html

So, they've obviously got the game developed, just probably need more time to put the info out to the public. Of course there are 7 other games at the printer of which 6 are due in December! It looks like they are just swamped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, good to hear that it is being printed (finally).

However, it is strange that they still have not released any info (e.g. board/map, rules...etc) when it is just about 20 days away from Dec...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljoscha S. Nett
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heidelberger-Spieleverlag lists it as a "first quarter of 2007" release!

http://www.hds-fantasy.de/

Cheers,
Aljoscha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljoscha S. Nett
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so we're reaching for every bit of info we can get, right?

On the Rants Page at http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/rants.html

Scott says: "the beast that is Tide of Iron [is] off my desk "

Well, it does not say anything specific at all. Just wanted to let You guys know, maybe it's good news, who knows?

Cheers,
Aljoscha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.