Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
After a semi-intentional hiatus, the Boardgames To Go podcast is back. Last week I posted show #62, "Dialing it Back," where I explained the personal reasons for my absence, and how that didn't mean I was less enthusiastic about games or playing them with friends & family. Now I hurried up to post show #63 on its heels, and in this episode I share my excitement for the new titles to be released at Essen. Like everyone else, I've been scanning the incredible list of games at Rick Thornquist's BoardgameNews.com site, helped tremendously by Patrick Korner's translations of news from the German sites (mostly spielbox.de).

Some of you found show #62 on your own through your iTunes free subscription. I'll also start posting new show announcements here on BGG as I'd been doing before.

http://BoardgamesToGo.com

-Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've missed your show, Mark. Listened to #62 and it only whet my whistle.
Welcome back.
Besides just being a great show, it seems only neighborly for this former Mantecan to give props to his former Lodian geeky neighbor.
--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
glad to see you back.

#62 was a downer show for me... hopefully you'll get some free time again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkEJohnson wrote:
Some of you found show #62 on your own through your iTunes free subscription. I'll also start posting new show announcements here on BGG as I'd been doing before.

-Mark

Welcome back. After #62, I thought you were more of less hanging it up. I'd certainly understand; doing a regular podcast must be very demanding.

I'd love to hear another "All About" show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
#62 was a downer show for me... hopefully you'll get some free time again.

Oops, I didn't mean for it to come across that way, though I can imagine how that's possible. In fact, I'm playing plenty of games--with friends AND family--and just need to flip on the mic and talk about them, right? Maybe my next show should be a family-oriented session report show talking about Thurn & Taxis with my wife, Wallamoppi with my daughter, and Gene Pool with my son. (E&T Card Game with my son, too.)

For games with the game group, some recent experiences would be Canal Mania, Blue Moon City, and Patrons of Venice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.