United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
As you can now see - www.tanga.com is a site where we sell 1 item per day.

This item may be an Xbox 360, or Roads & Boats, or an electric shaver. Regardless of what it is, it will always be a great deal.

Yes, it's been done before, but we are a little different in that we're all gamers - so games will be available at some times. Check back daily - if it's something that you don't want/need/desire then no big deal right?

Tomorrow it will be somethin' else.

...and there's these kick ass puzzles that are custom made by our skilled puzzle maker - Aaron Weissblum - oh yeah he's a game designer too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I gotta give you kudos on your thick skin, Scott. These guys would have reduced me to tears by now.

Though I imagine it all depends on keeping your eye on your real objective...you dam' sure generated the traffic tonight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
What am I 'bid' upon some 72-[i]"Tanga" 'points'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick carroll
United States
effort
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as there will be a daily puzzle, count me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If Roads and Boats is $100 off too, I'm in.

Seriously though, I'll keep an eye out for it. Will you have an RSS or emailed newsletter of the daily deals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie,

I don't understand everyone's whinging. You (and the others) have done a great job with the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Doiron
Canada
Quebec City
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only disappointing thing is, this is US only.
I will still do the daily puzzles, but the tanga points aren't worth shit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Borden
United States
Somerset
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping included?
Did anyone buy the 360 tonight or go through the checkout process to get the shipping cost?

In the future, can the shipping cost be displayed with the product? Having to do a fake checkout just to get the shipping cost is annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping cost was $8....I had no way of knowing if tax was charged or not (amazon there isn't...only in like 2 states).

Same as woot but no biggie if it's got some good deals on boardgames then heck I'm all for it and for sure will check it daily. Hopefully better than those National Gamer Week bundle packs though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Glover
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, they sold out really quickly. I wonder how many items they plan to sell in a night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking in once a day like woot won't be a big deal. The bonus of random puzzles and such are enough to make me keep checking. Great job so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Army of the 12 monkeys ....sweet avatar Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$299 was a nice deal for an XBox 360, but I am holding out for the new Nintendo...

I will check out Tanga again though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Tanga registration form is NOT very user-friendly for Macintosh users of AOL software as it appeared to align the form to far to the left and left unidentified and unlabeled what information was required for each of the slots.

Were there any Mac users who succeeded in registering? (If so, what kind of web browser software were you using?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
As you can now see - www.tanga.com is a site where we sell 1 item per day.

This item may be an Xbox 360, or Roads & Boats, or an electric shaver. Regardless of what it is, it will always be a great deal.

Yes, it's been done before, but we are a little different in that we're all gamers - so games will be available at some times. Check back daily - if it's something that you don't want/need/desire then no big deal right?

Tomorrow it will be somethin' else.

...and there's these kick ass puzzles that are custom made by our skilled puzzle maker - Aaron Weissblum - oh yeah he's a game designer too.

Give up on TANGA?? You can't be serious!

I, for one, never expected to win any prize, never assumed that I'd be able to buy a new car with my TANGA points, never expected TANGA to change my life and never had as much pure and simple fun for a month as I did before TANGA.

The puzzles were a lot fun. They were always challenging. They were often really simple IF you knew the trick. It was a clever marketing plan to get people talking about what the site may be. It worked.

Looks like your 1st day is successful despite the launch problems, as I don't see any X-Box 360's sitting around. Don't listen to all the naysayers, I suspect that despite their lofty and unrealistic expectations of what they expected or hoped TANGA was going to be, most will be returning to check out the daily deals once the word gets out.

Good Luck and thanks to Aaron for some seriously good fun!

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never give up! Never surrender!

O.k., but seriously... those puzzles are giving me a major inferiority complex. Bet you never thought of that!cry

Oh well, I was never destined for grand-prize greatness. And it'll give me more of a sense of accomplishment when one of them clicks right in with my idiosynchratic brainpan groove.

(Hey, have you heard about my new band, the Idiosynchratic Brainpan Groove?)

*sigh* I know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Were there any Mac users who succeeded in registering? (If so, what kind of web browser software were you using?)

Given that Aldie is one of you Mac-freaks I would have to guess yes. I believe he uses Firefox, but don't quote me on that.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Your Tanga registration form is NOT very user-friendly for Macintosh users of AOL software as it appeared to align the form to far to the left and left unidentified and unlabeled what information was required for each of the slots.

Honestly James. Anyone who sticks with the AOL browser in this day and age can only be considered suicidal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing the Tanga puzzles since day one with Safari on MacOS X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I don't like my product that I purchased and want to return it!
Sorry Charlie – the best thing to do with your product is to sell it on Craigslist.com. You will probably make a little bit of money on it, or at least get back what you put into it. Another thing you can do is give it away as a nice gift to a well-deserving family member.

Doesn't sound very customer friendly. You poor Americans. Over here, the good old "Distance Selling Act" means we can return any item if we don't like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
What are you, like 80?
badge
It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanga, Schmanga. As long as it's US only, I couldn't care less what it's about. The only thing Tanga gives me is annoyance at having the News box on the front page cluttered up with irrelevant Tanga stuff... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night the site was so slow and clogged, I kept getting errors and couldn't checkout.

I logged on this morning to buy my 360...

Gone.

I am not a happy person. Screwed by traffic and site errors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyman Hurd
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that some of the daily specials will be in the sub-$50 range for those of us that don't treat $299 as an impulse purchase . Silly kids expect things like food, clothes and college tuition to come first...

Of course the "solve the puzzle in 24 hours or get no Tanga points" is a tad disappointing for those of us who are going to bed by the time it is posted. I need those Tanga points. I have no earthly idea why I need those Tanga points but behold the power of marketing.

I enjoyed the puzzles and am glad they're continuing. I will probably continue to visit the site for that reason alone. And who knows, given the right offer I may take the plunge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Aldie,
No complaints from me. My wife and I have enjoyed the puzzles from the beginning and will continue to enjoy them. We have also been Wooters since their launch and have grabbed some very good deals in the past. I check their deals daily. I also love their "woot-offs". That might work well with a bunch of games or such. Hope to see you guys doing "Tanga-offs".

As for us, thanks for the fun past and future. We'll also be watching for deals at Tanga! Would love to have grabbed an Xbox 360 last night but sinking all our free technology funds into Geocaching

arrrh and Mrs. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the site fun but the whole US only thing soured my to the whole deal. And there is no way I can get to the puzzles ij the first 24 hours due to work, kids ect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.