Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Came upon a situation today that seemed interesting. I was playing Viraxis the Dead, with the special of spending 1 Fatigue to make a magic attack before combat.
I know that most equipment cards can't affect an attack before combat. For example, I can't immolate this special ability, since immolate is only usable in the Magic PHASE.
BUT, I had the Dragonlord whose special ability says "activate instead of making a magic attack to do 3 heart damage".
I asked everyone if they thought I could use this dragonlord, along with Viraxis's special, to do an automatic 3 damage at fight start, at a cost of 1 fatigue. They all thought yes, by this reasoning:

1 - The dragonlord doesn't say anything about the magic phase, or "during combat", it only says instead of a magic attack, and Viraxis's special specifically says "make a magic attack".

2 - I don't need to activate any cards besides the Dragonlord, so it follows the 1 before combat activation rule.

Anyway, seems like a great combo, so anyone who thinks we were playing it wrong, please let me know!
-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From one Gamemaster to another

You played correctly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so you are the one who forced me to take on this "X0" in my name! You have left me with a heavy burden, Jeff! Now I am forced to be a GameMaster who also dispenses hugs and kisses! Curse you, CURSE YOU!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean Verikas the Dead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, I knew I should have had his card in front of me. Hopefully skeletons of forgiving of spelling mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.