Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if there was a generic "contact moderators" or "report to moderators" option in the forum. For games, we can use "submit corrections" and the wiki, but for the forum, we have to pick a specific moderator to whom we send our message.

For example, I wanted to suggest that this thread be moved to the Lowenherz rules forum: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/129994 Should I just pick a moderator at random and hope they aren't busy doing other things? I'd rather just put it in a queue that is reviewed by whichever moderator happens to be available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
yeah, "Good Luck" with THAT! since it would be SO 'useful', now wouldn't it? They also require additional "Admins" who are "on duty" 24/7 and from around the WORLD as well. Just having these "US"-centric ones, and a "Brazilian" MORE, isn't quite enough eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi GROGnads. I'm not sure I understand your objection. It wouldn't require additional admins at all, nor would it require them to work extra hours. It would simply mean that all of them could work together to respond to requests from a shared queue.

Consider my suggestion - questions from 100 users arrive in a shared queue. Moderators who have time respond to them.

Consider the current situation - questions from 100 users arrive in individual moderator mailboxes. The moderators are selected semi-randomly by the 100 users.

So, my suggestion wouldn't change the volume of questions at all, nor would it require any additional moderators. It would just mean that I wouldn't have to pick a single moderator to whom I send my query - and then wonder if they're on vacation or simply too busy to answer their geekmail for a few days. Instead of questions being distributed according to user whim, they would instead be distributed according to moderator availability - or any other method the moderators desire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to move it, but should it be on 5737 or 66? They both have that name.

The generic contact a moderator would be a nice thing to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be game 66. The primary difference between Domaine and Lowenherz is the specific mechanic discussed in the thread.

It's too bad the publisher released Domaine with the same title as the original game in the German edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.