Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristof Tersago
Belgium
Sint Truiden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Up to last year, in preparation for the Essen fair, I have always made an Excel sheet of all the ranked games on BGG so I can get a quick idea to see if a game is worth buying. I always compiled the sheet myself by copying and pasting every rank-page but since it now also shows the pictures, it just takes way too long to make.

Is there anybody else that knows how to extract such a file, even as a *.csv, from the existing database?

Thanks for the help.

Kristof 'Musti' Tersago

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie DuBois
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Are you looking for something like this?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=game&sortb...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Tersago
Belgium
Sint Truiden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's indeed what I used up till last year. But with the pictures that were being added, it just takes too long to transfer everything to a spreadsheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Tersago
Belgium
Sint Truiden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice tip. It does go indeed a lot faster but does not put the info on a row for each game. If nothing else comes up, this will be a good backup plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Tersago
Belgium
Sint Truiden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great tips. Super. That's all I need to make the list.

Just this one 'nice to have'. Is there a way to get the 'alternate names' in as well? A lot of the games in Essen are German versions and thus have another name. The more common ones are easily translated but some games you just can't figure out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Borba
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that using the Advanced Search capabilities the best method to gather this type of information...no pictures to deal with...you can gather games, for example, with a rating above 7 or 8. There are many ways to sort the data into easy to copy paste to Excel format. That's my two cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.