Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hello. i am about to play my first game, and i am planning on not telling anyone about the card exchange rule. i just hate the rich get richer syndrome added to a game like this. will we be playing gang of four, or will this be something completely different would you say?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an optional rule, at least in the Game Dealers edition. We used to play with it and then dropped it. It does make a slight difference as it removes that extra good card from the winner of the perevious hand's hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's an important rule as it advantages both players - the weaker player will more likely get a card which matches what he has in his hand and so be more likely to have a Gang of Four. So there is a Poor Get Richer effect as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendless wrote:
the weaker player will more likely get a card which matches what he has in his hand and so be more likely to have a Gang of Four. So there is a Poor Get Richer effect as well.

When passing, I would only pass a low single if it particularly benefited my hand to do so. No giving freebies to the LoserGuy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.