Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the day someone pulled out this intriguing box. Four players, four rounds, newbies in the middle.

This is, how should I put it, the pointy end of negotiation games. Nothing is binding but the only sensible deals are in futures. Discussions and debates ran hot and sometimes long as players tried to overturn previous deals, and the two experienced players backstabbed each other a couple of times AND extracted revenge for same.

Meanwhile, "Honest Joe" (I) sat back and considered my word to be my bond, and almost the same could be said of my wife. Deals that I struck I held fast, and attempts to oust incumbants from my house with high offers were turned aside ... along with the excess offers! (ie if people insisted on competing for sold tenures I would politely take only the minimal 1000 bribe application fee). And yet somehow my house emerged with superior wealth, and my wife came second. In such a short time, our good name earned a reputation that held us fast within the community. (Or perhaps I just didn't get into vendettas.)

So after one play... well, I probably won't get into this one much. The make-a-deal-but-don't-keep-it style of play just doesn't really suit me. Or the missus for that matter. (Although I might be interested to see if I can carry the good name over into a second session, or whether people would think to try to take advantage of it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being "Honest Joe" generally works for any game with newbies in it.

And then the group think evolves...

Multiple plays with the same group can be very rewarding with this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.