Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
A weird situation came up in our game of Macher last night, and though it didn't affect the winner, I still thought I would post it here and see what people think / know about this:

Region 7, no coalitions allowed. 3 players end up at 50 votes.

I know the last past the post gets to move a single issue to the national board.

But who gets to move media markers up?

Just the top 2 pieces on the stack?

All 3 players in the stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
What I think: if all three have a media marker to place, all three should place for the same value.

What I know: The 2nd ed. rules do not address this possibility. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this has come up twice in my 11 games of Macher...and I think both times it didn't affect the final score in any appreciable way.

I also lean toward the all 3 move their media markers up, but yes, the 2nd Edition rules do not explicitly explain this one way or the other, nor does the original FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Harkes
Netherlands
Voorburg
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original FAQ (that is the german) does explicitly mention this situation. It says:

Quote:
Häufig geschieht das auf Feld 50, wenn 2 oder mehr Spieler auf 50 Stimmen kommen, aber es kann auch jedes andere Feld der Stimmen-Skala sein.

This roughly translates to:

This mainly happens at the 50th field, when 2 or more players arive at 50 votes, but it can happen at any other field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeroen...for some reason that line must have been omitted from the English translation...the "2 oder mehr" certainly makes it explicit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a n _ C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most recent Valley edition rules do not explicitly address this possibility either. However, it is fairly implicit (imho) that the winner by a nose gets to promote 1 card to the national board and all tied parties get to promote a media marker to the national board for full points (assuming they had one in the state).

If you change "The party..." to "The party or parties...." in the first full paragraph on pg 18 then you get what I said above.

Can't really see it working any other way....

DC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.