Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Fields of Arle» Forums » General

Subject: How many horses do you usually use in a game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I opened my copy of Fields of Arle yesterday to find this poor fellow:


I hate to replace him because as a game piece he is still functional, but I also would like all my horses to have the correct number of legs. Do all the horses get used very often in your games? What would you do in my situation?

Poll
Would you ask Z-Man for a replacement horse?
Yes
No
      50 answers
Poll created by mevitale
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mevitale wrote:
I hate to replace him because as a game piece he is still functional, but I also would like all my horses to have the correct number of legs. Do all the horses get used very often in your games? What would you do in my situation?
I too had a horse with a broken leg. Luckily I found the leg loose and was able to glue it back on. Good as new.

I wouldn't bother with replacing this. I doubt you would use all the horses in the game. If I were to seek replacements for every malformed/defective wood bit in a game it would be never ending.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a couple of games with a broken meeple in them. We like them because we like to make up a story about them, how they came about missing whatever part they are missing.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SD40 wrote:
I too had a horse with a broken leg. Luckily I found the leg loose and was able to glue it back on. Good as new.

I wouldn't bother with replacing this. I doubt you would use all the horses in the game. If I were to seek replacements for every malformed/defective wood bit in a game it would be never ending.


I'm glad your horse was repairable. Mine lost his leg before the paint went on and it is nowhere to be found. I think malformed wooden bits are endearing generally, so I will probably not ask for a replacement.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmb
mevitale wrote:
I'm glad your horse was repairable. Mine lost his leg before the paint went on and it is nowhere to be found. I think malformed wooden bits are endearing generally, so I will probably not ask for a replacement.

That's about how I feel about it. Here's my favorite donkey, in my favorite player color, who turned up in my copy of Roads & Boats.


I don't think there is anything wrong with writing for a replacement, but I personally wouldn't bother.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you find a small wood piece you could give him some prosthetic legs
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Collen
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SD40 wrote:
I too had a horse with a broken leg. Luckily I found the leg loose and was able to glue it back on. Good as new.


I'd like to point out the irony in fixing a horse's broken leg with glue.
14 
 Thumb up
0.31
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not hesitate to ask for new parts from Z-man… they are awesome and very quick to respond!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is unlikely you will ever need all 20 horses in a game, but there is no harm in asking for a replacement. If you ever decide to trade/sell the game, it could marginally affect the value, and it would probably cost Z-Man $2 at most to send a replacement.

Regardless, you should definitely keep the horse around - I love the idea of giving it a peg leg!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
It is unlikely you will ever need all 20 horses in a game, but there is no harm in asking for a replacement. If you ever decide to trade/sell the game, it could marginally affect the value, and it would probably cost Z-Man $2 at most to send a replacement.

Regardless, you should definitely keep the horse around - I love the idea of giving it a peg leg!


Yes, the trade value is what I am a little worried about. According to the results of the poll (so far), most people wouldn't mind having one horse without a leg. Well, I have a couple weeks left of my 30 days to think about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
[Even] in their poverty, they referred to their garden of necessity as if it were a hobby.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some time ago I uploaded a picture of our beloved Cimarron (in the pet cemetary) to the Agricola: Farmers of the Moor gallery. He was lame when we got him so we had to put him down.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
moesjiff
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a horse in Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small with shorter legs, and we make him the baby horse.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FiNeX
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also found two defective horses on Fields of Arle, Zman kindly replaced them without any problem (for free thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup).

Just ask for the spare parts on their website (the service is available within 30 days of original purchase).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
h00sha wrote:
Some time ago I uploaded a picture of our beloved Cimarron (in the pet cemetary) to the Agricola: Farmers of the Moor gallery. He was lame when we got him so we had to put him down.


Alas, poor Cimarron!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.