badge
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
mbmbmbmbmb
Name of game: Cubist
Number of players: 2-4
Playing time: 40 minutes
Mechanics: Dice rolling, hand management, pattern building, pattern recognition

Date of demo: 1/17/15

When I arrived at Nostalgia Ink I had an armful of games to show off. Tom decided he wanted to play this game. If you read my last session report, you would know that I demoed this once before and Tom loved this game, however, after three games he kept coming in last place. During my demo he decided that he needed to have a rematch.

Once we started to play Tom and Steve were really into the game. They were having a lot more luck than I was since I was not getting the numbers I needed. Tom decided that since he was having a hard time then he was going to use his doubles and place them on the ability cards. He was hoping that they would come in handy SHOULD he need them (and they did from time to time).

Steve seemed to be able to build structures rather quickly. Every turn it seemed he was completing one. In fact, he was the one that ended the game by completing 5. Steve did end up winning while Tom and I tied for last place.

This is when Tom insisted on having a rematch. He has not yet won and he really wanted to!

We started a second game. This time though we were all very competitive. I still was having a hard time rolling what I needed, so I decided to build the same thing in both my work rooms because I wanted the 5 point card. Steve was not paying attention to what I was doing and he was trying to build the same thing. Both of us only needed one dice to finish our structures. It took three rounds for us to get what we needed and I managed to get it!

The game continued and Steve was still building a structure almost every turn and Tom was hogging all the ability cards again. Steve ended up ending the game again. After counting up our points it was clear that Steve was once again the winner while Tom and I once again tied for last place.

Steve has requested I bring this game in again. He really had a great time with it. Tom is still seeking a rematch as he is determined to win one game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.