Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does some competitive decks actually run Quest Completed?

Could this be a really good card against RP? Instead of losing time running through a server with Caprice installed in it, after losing clicks to start useless runs? Or access a caprice before an agenda is installed?

Could also be good against Glacier deck with ash?

Could this be used with Central breakers? Doppelganger? Early Bird? Ken Tenma? Security testing in archives, locking R&D, accessing a card in HQ and then getting that agenda in a 3 ice deep remote?

Is it something real or not at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Keaten
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
First Click
badge
Praise it.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was, as a brief flare to attack the meta back when it was initially released. Since then it hasn't really been used. Hard to trigger, particularly in the matchups where it most counts due to taxing centrals, and it's not something you want to have a bunch of so it's also unreliable there.

The major competitive decks tend to rely on consistency (Thus Andy's success for so long) and strong win conditions. QC doesn't quite hit either of those marks like an Indexing or Legwork will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most common one was Silhouette, in the Notorious Daily Quester deck - http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/5118/notorious-daily-ques.... It's pretty weak against Blue Sun sadly, but Silhouette's ability makes Quest Completed far better since you get to expose to search for targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking once Eater gets released it'll have a bit of a resurgence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:

Lots of good ideas surrounding Eater. Its main downside, as I see it, is that it's expensive. Hopefully people figure it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Voodoo Chile
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think that once Eater makes it's appearance, that we're going to be Swordsman in a lot of decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voodoochile78 wrote:
I think that once Eater makes it's appearance, that we're going to be Swordsman in a lot of decks.

If Eater is any good, definitely. That's a big "if", though. Making AIs work is non-trivial and Eater has quite a disadvantage attached to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Parkes
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
I can't see it will really, if you're not getting any accesses off those central runs otherwise. Seems a very labour-intensive way to get into a remote. I guess if your deck is heavily eater-centric it could work but you'd have to build a strategy around not accessing during regular runs. And I'm not sure that's viable; if you're not milling you need to be accessign agendas. Not on the off chance you might be able to snipe a partially advanced agenda with a QC anyway.

I love a one-off Swordsman though. If I can kill an overly useful AI breaker with it it feels like a win, even if I lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McCoy
msg tools
wedgeex wrote:

Might as well just run Singularity & trash the agenda. Lower the cost with Prepaid, which also lowers the cost of the cutlery events. Anarch has so many tools, and none of them are server specific.

The release of the Central-only breakers, along with the general theme of Criminals (much expose), makes me think QC will be a Criminal-only card for infinity and beyond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.