Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't post (m)any designs publicly these days, but recently I've been developing one about which I'm excited enough that I may want to show it off.

Two problems:

1. It can be played on any of the regular tessellations and various board sizes, and I need to find the right choice from among these possibilities; and more critically:

2. I'm still not sure there's not some boring optimal strategy lurking in it which will only come out when someone gets sufficiently skilled at it. Its dynamics are different enough from other games I've designed that I don't have good intuition about how it'll work.

Both of these problems are only addressable to the extent I'd like with the help of playtesting, and since a) I'm not interested in publicly presenting games that aren't as polished as I can make them; and b) I recently moved away from the abstract game playtesters I had, I'm looking for someone who wants to playtest online.

Specifically, I'm looking for folks who are good at combinatorial abstracts, and in particular stone games. If you enjoy and are good at Go, you're a candidate. If you enjoy and are good at "breaking" games and finding weird edge cases, you're an even better candidate. If you know how to give feedback which is simultaneously honest and constructive, you're ideal.

I'm looking to test the game in weekly scheduled, private sessions at the iggc sandbox, and communicating via skype or google hangout at the same time so we can communicate more quickly and naturally than the dreadful iggc chatbox allows.

I'm also looking for folks who can commit to playing at least 10x, and preferably even more (at ~20 minutes per game), because I need playtesters who develop a little skill in the game. So this is a biggish commitment for which I can only compensate you by publicly acknowledging your help. But of course it will also be an opportunity to learn about game design together.

If interested, send me a private message.

Best,
Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Bolaños Mures
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you're aware of the painful intrigue that your secrecy creates in hordes of abstract game lovers around the world...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
luigi87 wrote:
I hope you're aware of the painful intrigue that your secrecy creates in hordes of abstract game lovers around the world...

Ha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian freeling
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
milomilo122 wrote:

Best,
Nick

If you send me the rules I'll have a look at them and see what I can make of it without play testing. If I'm sufficiently intruiged I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
christianF wrote:
milomilo122 wrote:

Best,
Nick

If you send me the rules I'll have a look at them and see what I can make of it without play testing. If I'm sufficiently intruiged I'm in.

Hah! Public message. You're disqualified. :P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
twixter wrote:
christianF wrote:
milomilo122 wrote:

Best,
Nick

Hah! Public message. You're disqualified.

Nick said to send a private message if you're interested; perhaps Christian sent a private message. Nick didn't say you're not permitted to also send a (redundant) public message if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian freeling
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
russ wrote:
twixter wrote:
christianF wrote:
milomilo122 wrote:

Best,
Nick

Hah! Public message. You're disqualified.

Nick said to send a private message if you're interested; perhaps Christian sent a private message. Nick didn't say you're not permitted to also send a (redundant) public message if you're interested.

Ok, done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
twixter wrote:
christianF wrote:
milomilo122 wrote:

Best,
Nick

Hah! Public message. You're disqualified. :P

Nick said to send a private message if you're interested; perhaps Christian sent a private message. Nick didn't say you're not permitted to also send a (redundant) public message if you're interested. ;)

Well EXCUSE ME CAPTAIN DETAILS. Pardon me while I play the grand piano.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
twixter wrote:
Pardon me while I play the grand piano.

Video, or it didn't happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.