DreadBall: The Futuristic Sports Game» Forums » General

Subject: Difference between Deluxe and regular versions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On miniaturemarket.com, they have Dreadball Deluxe and Dreadball. The content lists are somewhat different. The Deluxe lists "Rules for Fouls, MVPs, and League Play" but not for the regular set. It seems like this information would be part of the rulebook, but I want to double check with the fans who know before I buy anything.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a version called Dreadball Kick Off that didn't have the advanced rules such as fouls, MVPs and leagues so that might be what they're listing as regular Dreadball whereas the Deluxe version has the full rules for the game and for league play etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nishsama wrote:
On miniaturemarket.com, they have Dreadball Deluxe and Dreadball. The content lists are somewhat different. The Deluxe lists "Rules for Fouls, MVPs, and League Play" but not for the regular set. It seems like this information would be part of the rulebook, but I want to double check with the fans who know before I buy anything.

Thanks in advance.

So there are three different versions of the base game. The original Dreadball contained the full rules.
Dreadball KickOff, has less models per team, no cards, no fouls, no refs, and is in general a stripped down version of the rules, just the basics.
Dreadball Deluxe if the rebranded original Dreadball, they changed the name to help better delineate from Kickoff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
interesting
basically spend the extra and avoid the kickoff version
sooo much more happening with the deluxe (complete one)

kickoff is too basic, you'll quickly want the extra cards and all to really enjoy the game
so much fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
scout13 wrote:
interesting
basically spend the extra and avoid the kickoff version
sooo much more happening with the deluxe (complete one)

kickoff is too basic, you'll quickly want the extra cards and all to really enjoy the game
so much fun

Kevin is 100% correct. It may be his opinion, but HE IS 100% CORRECT. Buy the Deluxe and be happy.

If you enjoy the fantasy sports genre, I'd offer this alternative: go ALL in. DreadBall is one hell of a game and Mantic rewards those that buy in quantity. If you were patient enough for to wait for a Manticgames.com web store sale - you could buy a bundle of DreadBall Season 1, Season 2, and/or Season 3 for a hell of a deal. ~ Just a thought if you have a several gaming friends with similar tastes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another +1 to getting the full version. Even if you don't intend to play in leagues having fouls/refbot etc. makes regular games much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Worton
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info above but I'm new to this and now there seems to be an ultimate version too and an Xtreme version?

As an old bloodbowl player which version is best to go for? I get that it won't be the kick off version but which game and rulebook is best to get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
worto03 wrote:
Thanks for the info above but I'm new to this and now there seems to be an ultimate version too and an Xtreme version?

As an old bloodbowl player which version is best to go for? I get that it won't be the kick off version but which game and rulebook is best to get?

I think normal Dreadball (neither Ultimate nor Xtreme) is probably closest to bloodbowl. With that said, I believe Mantic recently announced that they are working on a v2 of the Dreadball rules so you might want to consider waiting for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.