Subject: any idea of price in the uk? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BattleLore [+] [View All]
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i see that the DOW preorder is 70 euros, which clocks in at just under 50 pounds. Does anyone know if thats the same as other stores? also it says it ships 30/11, is that before or after it hits high streets?

The main advantage of the DOW preorder is the promo figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically of BattleLore, no.

But a pretty good rule of thumb used to be that if it costs $X in the US, it'll cost £X in the UK. Although with the dollar sliding, that may be over-optimistic.

Shorter: Too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess around about £50 - that would put it on a par with the Fantasy Flight big box games that come packed with miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carcass One
England
Virginia Water
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
UK price will be the highest in the whole world, as usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Lea
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I thought that the Australians paid even more than we do in the UK ..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Tapp
United States
Waterloo
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
decaramas wrote:
i see that the DOW preorder is 70 euros, which clocks in at just under 50 pounds. Does anyone know if thats the same as other stores? also it says it ships 30/11, is that before or after it hits high streets?

The main advantage of the DOW preorder is the promo figures.

Hi guys...

If you venture over to ThoughtHammer they are selling it at 30% off for the Pre-Orders ($49 US - down from $70 US).

http://thoughthammer.com/product_info.php?products_id=2601

However, I do believe you forego the Hill Giant promo piece if you order from a webstore. You have to buy it from brick and mortar or from DoW directly to receive the promo.

Thanks,
Shane

oh yeah...ThoughtHammer.com says the following:
Publisher's estimated release date: December 2006.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Pre-orders from online retailers gets you just the game.

Pre-order in a B&M store or with DOW online in North America and you get the game and the Hill Giant.

Pre-order in a B&M store or with DOW online in Europe and you get the game and the Hill Giant and the Earth Elemental.

This is what it seems to be so far anyway.

NA peeps should be able to get the Earth Elemental at conventions or demos or apparently we should also be able to easily aquire it some other way they haven't told us about yet. I'm betting they'll sell it on the DOW site too or something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Tapp
United States
Waterloo
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you guys think the promo mini is worth paying the full $70 US or would it be better to simply pay the $49 US? I'm a little on the fence about it simply because I know I will likely miss out on the Earth Elemental anyway.

Thanks,
Shane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kidd
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Whollyrandom wrote:
I thought that the Australians paid even more than we do in the UK ..?

That's generally true, although things seem to have started getting slightly better here lately.

Kind of annoying - because if the ships from China just swung by here on the way to the U.S. we'd probably have about the cheapest games in the world.

I think the kiwis are probably still worse off than both of us.

Even more annoying - I've not yet seen any indication that we will be getting the Hill Giant figure however we order it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
on the DOW site is says that we will recieve both the promo figures if you preorder in Europe..which is why i probably will order from them. the only thing stopping me is i want this on day of release, but as i daid they are sending out at the end of nov so that starts to hit xmas post. (if there is a problem)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.