Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Millar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says in rule 6.4.2 that you can move police to any LOC or COIN controlled spot. Then the bot instructions for police say to move to add or keep COIN control. I am confused as it seems the bot would be moving to non COIN controlled spaces to add COIN control. What am I missing here ? Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Millar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is the my map at the beginning of the redeploy phase of my first coup round. AVRN and US are non players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
theDEADareMANY wrote:
It says in rule 6.4.2 that you can move police to any LOC or COIN controlled spot. Then the bot instructions for police say to move to add or keep COIN control. I am confused as it seems the bot would be moving to non COIN controlled spaces to add COIN control. What am I missing here ? Thanks in advance

It does seem strange wording. I guess it is talking about the fact that you might have a COIN controlled space which you must move your ARVN troops away from during deployment (but it temporarily remains under COIN control since that's not adjusted until the end of deployment phase), so you can then move police to it to preserve the COIN control. So technically/formally you're only keeping COIN control which you already have (but are at risk of losing since you no longer have majority there), but in another sense you're (informally) "re-adding" COIN control which you "virtually" lost, so to speak. At least that's all I can think of to explain the wording...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A better phrasing would be "to keep or restore COIN Control". Remember that during Redeployment you don't adjust Control until after NVA Redeployment, so even though Redeploying Troops have left a COIN-Controlled space with fewer COIN pieces than Insurgents it still counts as COIN-Controlled for the purposes of 6.4.2.

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.