matt darren
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Hi All,

Not sure where else to turn.

My game came with no Explorer character. It came with 2x Carpenter, 2x Cook, and 1x Soldier.

I've attempted to contact Z-Man 2 times through their contact page about the issue, uploading my receipt and providing all the info needed.
I get the 'auto-reply' stating that they've received the message, but I have no reply, it's been a couple weeks since my first contact attempt.

I fear they're trying to time out the 30 day replacement guarantee so they don't have to provide the missing piece. I even offered to send back the extra Cook/Carpenter characters that I got in the box.

Does anyone have any tips/help on contacting them to help get this resolved?

Z-Man -- If you're reading please help me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what I have heard from others here: zman never replies but sends the stuff. It just can take some weeks. I hope you get all that you're missing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt darren
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I hope so, that makes me feel better. I was sure to provide an accurate mailing address on the form so that would be cool if they send it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Grenier
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Find the designer himself on here and send him a message. I have to do that sometimes but it always works! Good luck I know it's a bummer when that happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalinda Patton
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt,

Customer service does not reply to emails - other than the generic response - UNLESS they need more info about your request.

Don't worry, even if your request is processed after the 30 day replacement guarantee, the date you sent the email in is the one that counts. W will send you your new cards free of charge.

Turn around time for parts requests is about 2 weeks + shipping.
Depending on when you sent in your request, your cards are either on their way or going to be sent out soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Watson
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
Zman are awesome about replacements. I contacted them after I stupidly lost a Tales quest token. Didn't hear anything, but then it suddenly showed up in the mail. I'm sure you'll get your replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannah Lester
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i actually just emailed them about some of my cards being damaged and they sent an email back saying that they had the items in stock and would be shipping them out. Now this is not to say that since you didn't get a reply that a box won't just appear with your missing piece. In the past i emailed them about Pandemic and never received anything except an auto response back and then a week or two later my damaged pieces ended up in the mailbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt darren
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Alright so it's been a couple months as requested. Still no word, no parts. I've officially submitted two support tickets with them and attached my receipts and pictures of cards.

Does anyone want to trade an explorer for one of my extra cook/carpenters??

Very disappointed :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ever tried calling them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc ch
msg tools
I bought my copy of Robinson Crusoe recently and one of my beast cards was damaged. I contacted them and they were quick to respond and received my card two weeks later. Maybe try submitting the form again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt darren
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,

Today I have received my character card in the mail.

A little bit after my last thread update I was sent a PM by Z-Man staff who offered to take care of the problem personally.

Since I am hardly active on here, I didn't see the message for about 2 months!!!

Luckily when I eventually responded the card was sent immediately and I received it in the mail today!!

Thanks BGG for allowing direct communication to Z-Man staff, and thanks Z-Man for taking care of the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.