Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Rivalry Week! The Territorial Cup, The Apple Cup, The Egg Bowl, Battle for the Ram-Falcon Trophy
mbmbmbmbmb
I was checking something on ESPN and came across this article. It even mentions the greatest website of all time. Check it out, spread the love. Stop Playing Monopoly With Your Kids
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCormick
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Tasteless Brute
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link! It's always nice to see hobby boardgames getting love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Young
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
Good article; thanks for the link.

It seems like the writer has been writing frequently about board games lately and mentioning BGG all the time.

Designing the Best Board Game on the Planet
The Worst Board Games Ever Invented
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cross
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link... some interesting suggestions in there to explore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sthrjo wrote:
He mentions Afrikan tähti as the worst game ever in one category. It should be noted that it has sold remarkable 3500000 copies. See
African Star Jari Järvelä

Yes, but Monopoly has sold a remarkable number of copies too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
I was checking something on ESPN and came across this article. It even mentions the greatest website of all time. Check it out, spread the love. Stop Playing Monopoly With Your Kids

Thanks for the link.

I do have an issue with the author correlating minimum age w/rating. Yeah he does point out that they get more complex and engaging, but I just don't see any point in the observation or the figure. The main reason is that BGGers (from my experience) tend to rate games on whether THEY would like to play them, not their kids. So that kind of analysis doesn't really work. For example, Hoot Owl Hoot!. I'd rate it 8 or 9 as far as a game I'd play with a 4-year-old, but a 1 or 2 as a game I'd play with my gaming group.

What's more important is the average rating within each age category. That's where the cream tends to float to the top from those parents who DO rate games in the context/perspective of playing with a kid. No point in comparing *between* age categories. Unless you've got a column to fill and not enough content yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.