United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Press a tooth. The mechanism will randomly determine whether or not the croc's teeth snap loudly and frightningly, though mostly harmlessly upon your finger.

When you ratchet open the jaw, whatever ingenious little mechanism inside that determines who gets bitten resets to another tooth.

The tooth which is the 'hot' tooth is random, but somewhat patterned. This makes repeated play kind of predictable, although it seems you can muck with it by changing just how forcefully you yank open the plastic green jaws o' death.

As a game, it is non-existant.

However, as a really stupid randomizer to determine who goes first (although not nearly as stupid as shocking roulette), this is an absolutely great device.

If you are not as masochistic as some of the Shocking Roulette fans around here, but want a simple, silly, makes you jump and giggle randomizer, this is the one.

Kids love it. It doesn't really hurt, but can give a good startling. For adults, keep it to the game starter and you'll have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
(although not nearly as stupid as shocking roulette)

You're a blasphemer and a heretic and I have contacted everybody you know: they won't play boardgames with you until you repent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
(although not nearly as stupid as shocking roulette)

You're a blasphemer and a heretic and I have contacted everybody you know: they won't play boardgames with you until you repent.

This will merely save the skin on my fingertips, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Paprocki
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You spelled "Lame" wrong. Just thought you should know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Neff
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

If you are not as masochistic as some of the Shocking Roulette fans around here, but want a simple, silly, makes you jump and giggle randomizer, this is the one.

Wow... I thought you were describing Shocking Roulette..... simple..... silly.... makes you jump and giggle.....

Everyone that I have introduced to Shocking Roulette has loved it in a sick and twisted kind of way.

In the words of John Bender

"So its sort of social. Demented and sad, but social, right?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... masochistic? Not me... Im more sadistic. If you could train a real crocodile to do what this game does, then Im in. But seeing a lame piece of plastic shut on my buddy's hands just doesn't give me the same joy as watching them jerk their finger out of the SR.

And kids? My two year old freaking loves shocking roulette... guess he's more of a man than most around here.

devildevildevil

Also: People around here need to look up the definition of 'GAME:'

Per the American Heritage dictionary:

game: [geym]
•a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.
•anything resembling a game, as in requiring skill, endurance, or adherence to rules

Shocking Roulette and Lame Aligator do indeed qualify as games... gmaes of chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.