Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
rich steed
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

my brother is visiting your fair country to get away from the cold and miserable UK weather (and to do some work).

He's going to be spending a few days in Santa Barbara and then flying on to Hawaii. Which sounds very nice

What I want to know is are there any games stores in either place he can go to and get me some nice games from?

I've looked on the Gamestoredb.com but was wondering if there was anything else (Hawaii seems to have 1 shop!)

Cheers,

KZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a store in Santa Barbara, but I've never been there. Is he flying from Santa Barbara to Hawaii? I'm assuming he must have a layover in either Los Angeles or San Francisco, but maybe he's not getting off the plane.

There's a store 45 minutes south of SB in Camarillo. I don't know that I'd recommend making the drive just for their selection. I guess I'm just not the person to talk to, because I'm disappointed with about every game store selection I've ever seen. I get so much more enjoyment out of clicking through BGG than holding a box and talking to a game store owner that doesn't know squat about "designer games". However, the owner of the Camarillo store is a nice guy.

So... to answer your question, there's a game store on State Street in Santa Barbara. If they have what you're looking for, it's going to be full retail. I guess you could call ahead and have them order games for you.

Another option is to find someone in that area that's willing to do an order from an online retailer, and have them waiting. Perhaps arrange with your brother's hotel to have them waiting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Rich. I live in Santa Barbara and there is a store in Downtown just like David mentioned. The game store is smack in the middle of our tourist downtown area and they sell them in premium prices. He carries mainly family/light boardgames. If those are type of games you are looking for then you'd easily find one that you like. I am about to make a huge order from Thoughthammer and I plan on getting the games when Leonardo Da Vinci comes out which they say is some time this October. Send me a geekmail and let's see if I can help you out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wong
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the only game stores I know about in Hawaii and they are all on the island of Oahu. The number of board games available at each store are not that large unfortunately.

Armchair Adventurer
1199 Dillingham Boulevard Spc C106,
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808) 843-1250

Jelly's the Original
98-023 Hekaha Street Suite 9,
Aiea, HI 96701
(808) 484-4413

Other Realms
(808) 596-8236
Honolulu, HI 96813
http://www.other-realms.biz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich steed
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the help and info guys - just waiting to see where my brother is going to be staying in SB - he may be at a conference. If so I'll see if I can get Thoughthammer to deliver some goodies to him

cheers,

KZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
The Armchair Adventurer has moved:

1287 Kalani St Ste 105
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808) 843-1250

The owner is named Glen and he is a nice guy. It is a funky place, with games and miniatures stacked to the ceiling, but can be fun to hunt around for the rare treasure.

Gecko Books has a good selection of games:

1151 12th Ave
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808) 732-1292
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.