Popular Tags: microbadge [+] [View All]
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some extra Gold and would like to get some badges but I'm not really interested in any that are there so far.

The idea of us simply suggesting them and hoping they will show up seems sort of.... messy to me.

Why not implement a system where we can create our own badges, upload them and have them modded just like images, files and such, then they could have their own little section within the actual game's page just like regular images. When you click on them you could be given an option to buy it and maybe see a list of others that have purchased them. Maybe have a sort of stat (with rewards in GG? or simply prestige?) noting how many people have purchased badges from whom.

I can see this as being a huge hit with the community.

Perhaps do not give gold for acceptance of a badge but rather if you sell a certain number of them or something. This way, there isn't a giant flood of them simply for gold, but rather the better quality will be rewarded.

Just let us know the pixel size and we'll all get to work.

What does everyone think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Sounds like a good idea except for the dozens of badges that do not directly relate to specific games. What about these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos wrote:
Sounds like a good idea except for the dozens of badges that do not directly relate to specific games. What about these?

Hmm... I admit I hadn't really thought about that as I'm probably not really interested in such badges....

How hard would it be to set up a "game" listing for such things? After all there is already a precedent with the "Miscellaneous Game Blank" series of listings. Or perhaps just set up a separate page for such things. It's not like it's going to add too much clutter to the already cluttered interface. This is not meant as a dig mind, it's just a fact. I like that there are so many options available and I doubt one more for something that is so loved by the community would be seen as a negative thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.