Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I played as him for the first time last night, granted I played with the DC Comics Deck-Building Game set and not Unite.

I was hoping to use his ability with kicks but not once during the game did it ever work.

I suppose his card power is one of the weaker ones - but useful in a final push.

Any suggestions while playing with him?

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
I haven't had much luck with him either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Townend
msg tools
I really enjoy Constantine I think he is far superior to many of the other chracters. (The large hero card im guesing you meant)

Early game I just buy as many kicks as possible and use his ablitiy as much as possible in a couple of games by turn 5 or 6 i had Raz'al guul.

I also will pretty much destroy any card that has a victory point cost of 1 if it guarantees me a better effect card with a higher victory point value or super villain.

Also if you get his hero card and/or signiture tranch coat and/or magic then he becomes even better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
kainbloodheart wrote:
I really enjoy Constantine I think he is far superior to many of the other chracters. (The large hero card im guesing you meant)

Early game I just buy as many kicks as possible and use his ablitiy as much as possible in a couple of games by turn 5 or 6 i had Raz'al guul.

I also will pretty much destroy any card that has a victory point cost of 1 if it guarantees me a better effect card with a higher victory point value or super villain.

Also if you get his hero card and/or signiture tranch coat and/or magic then he becomes even better

Yeah... I had about 3 - 4 kicks in the deck, but there was always a better card then the kick.

Hmm...

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Sail
msg tools
The trick to Constantine is understanding that sometimes ditching a 1 VP card is necessary to grab better cards. Sure it's unfortunate when he flips something like Mind Control Hat, but there aren't many cards you could flip that wouldn't be worth destroying if it meant you could suddenly afford the Super Villain.

Also, a little trick with Constantine: Play your first turn as normal. On your second turn, buy something with your hand, then activate his ability. This will allow you to shuffle the 5 starters from your opening hand along with the two quality cards you bought into your deck, significantly increasing the quality of your turn three hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Pominville
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I usually approach playing his card as I imagine Constantine, himself, would approach fight an adversary. The first few cards you buy are to be used and thrown away. Like Constantine's friends. Hugely thematic. I've always found this game to be a rush to be the first player to get a few key more-expensive, power-combination cards. Those lower-cost cards are only in your deck to help you get there faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Clark
United States
flag msg tools
Don't underestimate the benefit that comes with being able to reveal the top card of your deck on every turn.

Saw a guy playing as Constantine lose his hand to attacks but when it was his turn he still turned nothing into something by triggering the reveal and sacrifice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.