Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had our first 2-player playthrough and, admittedly, messed up a pretty major rule that got us way more money than we should have.

Despite that, paying a tech cube whenever an event/disaster occurred seemed so... uneventful. I was expecting power plants to blow up or scientists to start dying.

Balance would certainly be an issue, and losing a power plant is probably too detrimental, but I'd like to make the disasters more impactful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the "disasters" are certainly not as disastrous as they could be. Still, it's one of the few flaws in an otherwise brilliant game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Yeah, the "disasters" are certainly not as disastrous as they could be. Still, it's one of the few flaws in an otherwise brilliant game.

I'm not sure if I would even call it a flaw. Something to think about, while you are navigating an already thinky game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But to call them disasters is a little hyperbolic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe, I am certainly pretty good with not letting them happen. I see your point, but maybe the name was shortened from, "easily avoidable disasters".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TH Jensen
Denmark
Aarhus C
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alex, I too had the same wish for the disasters to be more impactful. So that’s why Ive come up with a few house rules, where events can be more disastrous.
If you wanna try the rules out, you can find them here on BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/116532/co2-variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gubban wrote:
Hi Alex, I too had the same wish for the disasters to be more impactful. So that’s why Ive come up with a few house rules, where events can be more disastrous.
If you wanna try the rules out, you can find them here on BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/116532/co2-variant

Neat, thanks! I'll have to try it out sometime

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.