Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm sure that this has been asked before but here goes again...

Recently I was setting up a list of new Geekbuddies after finding which ones were most highly correlated to my own ratings, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to have "GeekBuddy Game Ratings" for each group of Geekbuddies you have.

As it is right now if I have 2 sets of Geekbuddies... say one set is geographical and another is correlative... they are still all lumped together when it comes to using the "GeekBuddy Game Ratings" feature.

I CAN of course see the separate GeekBuddy groups rate each individual game using the "GeekBuddy Game Analyzer" but that's very time consuming and it would be much easier just to have separate views for each group just like you can when you are looking at just one game at a time.

So basically for ALL GAMES my "correlative buddies" rate I'd like to know which they like best and I'd like to compare that to my group of "geographic buddies"....which isn't really practical to do currently without deleting and reentering all the geekbuddies each time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly second this motion! In fact, I was going to start my own thread to this effect, but happened to see this one first. It would have been a lot easier to check ratings for my "Geek of the Week" GeekBuddy group if I hadn't had to temporarily remove all my other GeekBuddies first. It's the next logical step in dealing with GeekBuddy groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Im kind of confused. You want to see all your groups aggregated on one page? And not use the geekbuddy analyzer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re: "Geekbuddy Game Ratings" for multiple groups of Geekbudd
Aldie wrote:
Im kind of confused. You want to see all your groups aggregated on one page? And not use the geekbuddy analyzer?

"Geek Buddy Manager - Analyzer" allows to select a group and a game.
"Geek Buddy Manager - Ratings" shows the ranking as if BGG was composed only by your GeekBuddies. ALL of them. We'd like to be able to select a group when using this option.

Let me try a summary:
One game, all groups = Analyzer (selecting no specific group)
One game, one group = Analyzer
All games, all groups = Ratings
All games, one group = MISSING!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh me too! I have geekbuddy groups of people that attend differnt conventions in the area and having such an option would let me see what they like playing to better plan events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Quote:

As usual others have rephrased things more succinctly and clearly than me.

As Luca has clearly shown... we currently have no easy way of getting lists of game ratings for different groups of Geekbuddies. All the Geekbuddies in the different groups are thrown into the same pot when using the GeekBuddy Manager - Ratings tool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.