Subject: should I order this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine is an absolute alexander nutter and quite a good gamer. We are both a fan of Pax Romana, so he enjoys richard berg games. What does it play like? is it historically accurate?
Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guenette
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Colin, I would say it plays like Successors lite... No multi player hassle. I don't think it has the depth of Pax, but it's a very enjoyable game. That said playing the Darius is a Daunting task... If you like ancient period, go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks might have a look at successors as well then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard H. Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
"is it historically accurate?"

Accurate is a nebulous term . . . .CONQ: ALEXANDER contains far more historical detail than any previous games on this subject, and it requires more of the Macedonian Player than simpyl goign aroudn and bashing Persians.

However, the game was also designed so that a good, clever Persian Player (which the real Darius wasn't) can not onyl give The Big Mac a run for his drachma, but even win. To that end, it is not "accurate". But it is Fun.

RHB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew I would get in trouble for saying historically accurate just seeing if anyone is paying attention

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I received my copy today and as far as I am concerned, this is one hard cookie ! Give me a few more days to re-read the rules and experiment in applying them....then I will probably say to myself " You made a good choice, but be patient ! " wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.