Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » Rules

Subject: ku'gath's nurglings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason H
msg tools
The text reads when a unit moves to this planet deal it 1 damage

I have a couple questions
Does deploying a unit count as moving it?

Does it trigger for my own units too since it doesn't say enemy units

And if they're in my hq and get commited to a planet and my opponent commits to that planet also do they get dealt that damage ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jbird793 wrote:
Does deploying a unit count as moving it?

No. If the RRG doesn't use the word "move", it's not a move.

Jbird793 wrote:
Does it trigger for my own units too since it doesn't say enemy units

Yes, for the reason given.

Jbird793 wrote:
And if they're in my hq and get committed to a planet and my opponent commits to that planet also do they get dealt that damage ?

Yes, they do. But ...

This card has many other non-obvious implications re the order of their resolution, so it may help reading the following thread where the design team have helped explained how it works.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17886-card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
msg tools
Also for the warlord. It says when you attack with him you can move one damage off of him to another unit. Can that damage be shielded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The RRG shields section says you can only use shields for attacks (as these "deal damage") and for effects that "deal damage". In short, during step 2 of the dealing damage process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It feels kinda weird to me that their mandatory trigger would dissapear if they leave the field tho. Since the trigger has still happened. Seeing as from many other card games: if a an effect has triggered it will most often resolve and the effect will happen even if the source for some reason dissapear in the chain.

But I guess it's good to know for the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.