Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Carlson
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I took a quick look at the rules forum and didn't notice/see an answer on this one.

While I realize the West needs to secure 4 VP worth of Shadow Strongholds for a win, it begs the following question:

Do Shadow cities worth VP's (i.e. Angmar) count against the Shadow player's 10 point tally if occupied by the West?

For example, if the Shadow player controlls 10 points worth of Free Peoples locations, but the West controlls Angmar, does the Shadow then only have 9 points? The Rules make no mention of this, but I can see no other reason why there would be Shadow cities with VP's attached.

Thanks for the help as always!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nope. Those cities count for the Free Peoples' victory condition.

So you could win by holding Angmar, Far Harad, and then one shadow stronghold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Muad'BSC. I think it was just a typo when the rules say the FP have to have 4 points of "Strongholds" - it should be just "settlements". The official FAQ has an errata on this (as the very first entry, incidentally)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.