Subject: Russia 1940 Finland rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Boughton
United Kingdom
Sale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
Playing the full 1939 campaign and the soviets have lost several units in Finland, the manual says they can be rebuilt in Leningrad. The problem is that from my reading of the rules the soviets have no production until the Soviet Union is reunited Am I missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Winter War had a Ultra-Heavy Toll on the poorly trained and just purgued Soviet Red Army.

However the Soviets gained significative territorial adavntages, putting some more grounds in between an historical enemy and Leningrad/Murmansk.

In the game this double sided situation is simulated forcing the Soviets to attack Finland with an unprepared Army, and giving them some advantages after getting rid of the Finns.

If I can give my two cents on this matter - on the Soviet side - please allow me to show this pic, in which a huge Red Horde - instead of attacking the Finns - simply submerge them with tank and rifle corps:

Note Swedish Supreme Leader deployed in Stockholm after the Soviet attack on Finland and Soviet Navy Unit still represented with White Blocks (we did not have Pink Blocks at that time)

The rules force the Soviets to deploy black dotted units at minimum strenght and in cities (max 3 in Victory/fortress, then 2 in Major Cities and finally 1 in Minor Cities).

As soon as the game starts, the Soviet player should try to move and redeploy as many units as possible along the Finnish border.

Does it help?

ALL THE BEST

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.