Subject: Suppression and attacking. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming that once a target (soldier or hostile) is supressed he cannot be targeted for the rest of the turn right?

-zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Soldiers can very much still be targeted and have multiple suppression markers, if I recall correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppressed targets can be targeted that same turn for sure.

Page 11 where it discusses attacking hostiles

Quote:
When you Kill a Hostile, you can either place an EKIA counter on a Reticle, or replace a previously placed Suppress counter with an EKIA counter until all Reticles have an EKIA counter.

Meaning you can target a hostile with a Suppress counter on it because if you can replace a Suppress counter, then you were able to target it.

Quote:
Each Reticle can only have one EKIA or one Suppress counter. If you inflict a Suppress and all the Retciles already have an EKIA or Suppress counter, your Attack has no effect.

Meaning you can target a hostile/reticle with a Suppress counter on it, because the above is saying that inflicting another Suppress has no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then like Chris said above, this goes for the soldiers as well?

-zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcleod
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A hostile can be targeted multiple times during a turn even if suppressed as the suppressed counter can be replaced by a EKIA counter. A soldier can also be attacked multiple times during a turn even if suppressed as there is no limit to the amount of suppression counters that can be placed on his card.
Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe me, you will definitely want to be able to target suppressed hostiles. I just lost mission #4 in my Insurgent campaign.

Started out looking pretty good with 2 PS and 1 NPS (Samaniego the medic).

Was able to play a Stay Low card on the 2nd location to keep reinforcements from coming there. All is cool.

Play the Shortcut location (3rd) to gain back the turn that the previous mission cost me, and it also had None for reinforcements.

However, the 2nd location added 2 to Hostile Value of Shortcut location, bring it up to 7 from 5 (57RP mission). I figure, I'm in good shape, so bring it on.

What comes up? A Martyr Event card (making all hostiles at that location fearless and not suppressible) and then comes the Large Truck that has a 0-3 Reinforcement value. There were also some 0 level hostiles that came out. So my one PS (Thomas) moves in with Flanking Maneuver to toss a grenade at the truck and manages only 1 KIA. Probably not the best move since I would have needed 3 KIA rolls out of 4 dice to eliminate the truck. But then it just became a shitstorm after that. Got Leader, machine gunner, IED team, Sniper and lots of other crap in the next (4th) location and Objective cars (VIP Helicopter). So I got to the 4th location with Thomas and Samaniego and Hurst (the other PS) got to the Objective card. Hurst limped in with 4 wounds, even though Samaniego had healed a couple single wounds already. Then the Sniper downed Samaniego and then the next hostile turn (last turn of game) he downed Hurst. Thomas finished with 4 wounds. Fortuantely both downed soldiers rolled 8 for medivac and were able to return to duty and not cost me VP's for campaign range eval.

So the moral of the story is, be darn glad you can attack suppressed hostiles, because if you couldn't, it would be even more brutal than it can already be once you get to the Middle-East angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
So the moral of the story is, be darn glad you can attack suppressed hostiles, because if you couldn't, it would be even more brutal than it can already be once you get to the Middle-East angry

Cover (4) and cover (5) ME Military can kiss my a** angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
Hahma wrote:

Cover (4) and cover (5) ME Military can kiss my a** angry

I haven't even gotten to the ME Military yet. Lost on mission 4 of 6 vs. Insurgents and need to start that campaign over. But once I've completed that campaign, I'll be a little bit more seasoned to try the Military. I also hope to have the 3rd expansion by then to give me some help that I will certainly need

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.