Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a small stock of these that I got from Kosmos (more Fire Spirits than Water Spirits) that I plan (but no guarantees, I might leave them in my hotel room or something stupid) to have with me in Essen. Sorry, German only - but better German than nothing. If you're a regular here and bump into me, I can let you have one (or more if I believe you when you promise it's for another regular). If bumping into someone you have no idea who he is at a crowded show seems difficult, I'll be on the Warfrog stand on Saturday. But of course I'll be explaining Perikles, which will tend to be a stretch of explanations, then watching over part of a game. So please if I'm in the explaining bit, please try again later when I'm in the watching over bit, as I won't interrupt the explaining (and if I get a question in the watching over bit, that gets priority too). Incidentally do have a look at Perikles (not necessarily on the Saturday) as it's looking pretty good.

Of course maybe you can get these directly from Kosmos anyway, but they're more likely to be handing out Wind Spirits. Incidentally my advice there is get a German one, don't wait for an English one as no one has promised one. The translation will be in the FAQ, and playing with one foreign card won't be a problem. Of course what you really want will be Sea Moon, but I understand that was a much more limited print run, and may have been used up on prereleases. (I have one, but it's all mine, precious. Sorry, wrong fantasy world.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Those aren't new. Those promo cards were released with the game - they're just harder to come by than the Earth Spirit promo card that came with the Terrah and Khind decks.

The only new promo card is the promo ship, which goes along with the Buka Invasion.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

The only new promo card is the promo ship, which goes along with the Buka Invasion.
-MMM

Wrong. In Essen there will also be an additional new Spirit. "Windgeister".

Wind Spirit, Promo 904
"Now I may discard one of your active support cards."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed that blurb. My bad.

Damn it.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Well if you have any extra when you get back, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ollenberger
Canada
Wetaskiwin
Alberta
flag msg tools
The Flit Chosen is the Chosen of Air...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
Am I the only person getting fed up with this "promo card/figure/whatever" bullshit every dog and his company are doing these days?

If I wanted to collect things I'd be into stamps.

Nope, yer not the only one getting tired of chasing promo stuff to have a complete game. I too wish games came finished, or if they do have a promo then mail it free to anybody who asks. I know mailing would be expensive, my reply would be, "Then don't offer promos".

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.