Combat Commander: Pacific» Forums » General

Subject: Counter mix limitations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
Canada
ottawa
flag msg tools
Playing Scenario D - Cherry Blossoms last night.
First special rule asks each player to drawn 9 cards to create foxholes.
This means the possibility of 18 foxholes. We only created 13, but, there are only 12 foxhole counters in the counter mix. I was about to break one out of CCE and then thought, no, we are limited by the original countermix.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Tarpon wrote:
Playing Scenario D - Cherry Blossoms last night.
First special rule asks each player to drawn 9 cards to create foxholes.
Is this correct?

No - This is one of the few FAQ items for CC:P.

If you review the offical FAQ (PDF) on GMT's Website, you will see:

Scenario D
Special Rule 1 should specify that each player draws “six” random hexes (not nine).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunderian007 wrote:
Units are limited, smoke is a set mix for CCP and CCE separately, but fortifications are not limited.

That's not what Chad has said. He's said the fortifications you can place are limited to the counters in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Gunderian007 wrote:
Units are limited, smoke is a set mix for CCP and CCE separately, but fortifications are not limited.

That's not what Chad has said. He's said the fortifications you can place are limited to the counters in the box.

I seem to remember that he said that if you were willing to buy more copies of CC:E, then the limits increased incrementally. He may have been joking, but I took it as the word. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
huffman123 wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Gunderian007 wrote:

I seem to remember that he said that if you were willing to buy more copies of CC:E, then the limits increased incrementally. He may have been joking, but I took it as the word. :-)

True, but you're still limited to what's in the box...both boxes...but in the boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunderian007 wrote:

(in CCE the Pillbox is limited to one)

I could have sworn that ALL the smoke markers from all the games were to be put together and used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Canada
ottawa
flag msg tools
Thanks Richard and everyone else.

john

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Aardvarkius wrote:
I could have sworn that ALL the smoke markers from all the games were to be put together and used.

That is true for CC:Europe and CC:Mediterranean. And the notes w/ Med specifically instructed players to add the smoke chits to the existing Eur chits.

CC:Pacific is a parallel game-system, so its smoke counters are kept apart from the E/Med.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aardvarkius wrote:
Gunderian007 wrote:

(in CCE the Pillbox is limited to one)

You can tell the difference between Pacific and Europe by flipping them over. If it is the same smoke counter, it is Pacific. If it is a Blaze, it is European/Med.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.