Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Fields of Arle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vehicle loading - do loaded resources come from your personal supply? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P.10 says "You can load your Vehicles with...Building Materials, i.e. Wood and Clay, to upgrade them (to Timber/Bricks)...etc".

I assumed that the loaded items had to come from your personal supply. (Otherwise, that it would be too easy to get all that "free stuff".)

Another player tried to load from the general supply and after looking through the rules, said that it didn't specify anywhere about the source.

(except the Loading station, which specifies that the peat going onto the vehicle comes from the general supply)

Does anyone know where in the rules it definitively clarifies this issue?
If not in the English version, maybe it specifies in the German version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's most definitely only from what you have. Wood and clay upgrade just like any other good you own and put in the wagon do. Would your friend say you just take the other goods from the stock as well?

Note the same section that talks about loading building materials also talk about loading fabrics to upgrade them...according to your friend's logic players wouldn't have to have them on hand but just take them from stock.

You can only load what you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It implies that the building materials/goods come from your own supply (ie. you must own something before you can upgrade it). You also must own something if you plan to sell it to a travel destination. Also why would all the action spaces on the board to acquire wood, clay, woolen, leather even exist?! It wouldn't be much of a game if you could just take things from the supply all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
The materials come from your own supply, and you load them in order to turn them into clothes.

You can also load peat and clay in order to turn them into construction materials, but you must load from your own supply, because you upgrade your own materials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
Would your friend say you just take the other goods from the stock as well?

Yes, the question was about all the basic resources like wood, clay, linen, woolen, and leather. (Destination tiles are clear).

It just doesn't make sense (to me) to "upgrade" something you didn't already own, but I am trying to find a rulebook reference (for certain people...)shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't people use common sense anymore, nowadays? Of course, you can only load your vehicles with stuff from your personal supply. Does any other scenario even remotely make sense? shake

(Not trying to be insulting, just baffled.)

BTW, I can't find it in the rules either. I admit, this is suboptimal since the rules tell you every other time where stuff comes from and where it goes. But I'd argue, in this case, it is rather clear even though it isn't stated explicitly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Trabert
Germany
Düsseldorf (34 km south of Essen)
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
Don't people use common sense anymore, nowadays? Of course, you can only load your vehicles with stuff from your personal supply. Does any other scenario even remotely make sense? shake

(Not trying to be insulting, just baffled.)

BTW, I can't find it in the rules either. I admit, this is suboptimal since the rules tell you every other time where stuff comes from and where it goes. But I'd argue, in this case, it is rather clear even though it isn't stated explicitly.

And I already wondered how we achieved 200 vps... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-bit Matt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note, on page 20 the title is "What do I need X for", not "What is X available for"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would have just slapped the person full in the face and asked them where the rule was in the book that you couldn't do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garysax wrote:
I think I would have just slapped the person full in the face and asked them where the rule was in the book that you couldn't do that.

What is with all the slapping recently?

There was discussion recently of slapping in Splendor (of cards, not faces).

An advantage of playing games solo, it seems, is that you don't get slapped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.