Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles A. Smith
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy the computer game [blush]. I wonder if online players will have much interest in this CCG. As far as board gamers, there's not much buzz here. They apparently toned down the effect the CCG has on the online game. Without having any real lure to attract the onliners, this game might be in trouble. Is it in a dead zone between the online and board game players, not something very attractive to either side?

If anyone is just starting the online game, consider joining me on the Thrall server. I might be able to help you get started. I wonder if anyone has started a "Geekers" guild? arrrh

Chuck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Orr
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
I hunger!!!
badge
Galactus wants to know if you have been Naughty or Nice
mbmbmbmbmb
I play on Burning Legion; curious if anyone else is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play online with my 8 year old. I'm looking forward to the card game. I'll probably pick up one of each starter and some boosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son has a Warlock on Thrall. It's always full.

Windopaene - 28 Dwarf Pally on Eonar
- 24 Troll Mage on Blackwing Lair

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles A. Smith
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the Warlock's name? Level? Talents? I rarely try to get on at night. Very early morning and over lunch for me. Sometimes early afternoon.

Chuck

Windopaene wrote:
My son has a Warlock on Thrall. It's always full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fireodeath!

The lvl 13 Gnome Warlock of doom!

Wouldn't want to make any suggestions that he might be under the TOS age limit or anything, but really, you don't want to group with him

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
molitor4 wrote:
I play on Burning Legion; curious if anyone else is there.

I know one of my two characters is in Burning Legion's BG Battlegroup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chelgren
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one am really looking forward to this game. Finally weening myself off M:tG, I need another card-like addiction.

Sersiously though, I play WoW (Thunderhorn server, Alliance) and have played the demo decks for the WoW CCG. To me, it looks like a solid game, and has much that will interest the PC game player. There is a ton of familiarity waiting to be discovered as the myriad spells, quests, talents, and items seem to have made a decent transition to the card game. Combine that with the loot cards and UDE points (redeemable for in-game items), I think there's a decent amount of content to satisfy the online RPGer.

Now, to wait for the box of boosters I pre-ordered. NEXT WEEK IS ALMOST HERE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Murray
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a previous CCG'er of the past (Magic, Vampire), and a current WoW player online, I am really looking forward to playing the CCG version after previewing it at Gen Con.

They have downloadable decks you can print out and play with on the official site. The game is sleek and fast playing with tons of variety. You base your decks around a particular class from the online game which is a very cool dynamic. If you are at all into the online game and a boardgamer/card player... then I highly recommend checking it out when it releases later this month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Stangeby
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
mb

To bad you are on the horde side here. GM of epic distiny on alliance side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chelgren
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is mostly off-topic, but seemed like as good a place as any on here to post this.

I am the GM of the Dragons League on the Thunderhorn server for the alliance. A couple of us are board game freaks, and we'd always like to know of more people who are, so if you're on Thunderhorn, send me a /whisper!

Edit: Suppose I should add that my toon's name is Catamille.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mehrholz
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as the original topic goes, I can offer the following anecdotal evidence from release day:

1) When I went in for our weekly boardgame night we had to shoo away four guys that were there going through their WoW TCG purchases. Each of them had bought at least two starter sets. These were all regular WoW MMOG players, at least one of whom was there because Blizzard put an announcement for the release of the game on the login screen.

2) The FLGS sold out of almost half the starter decks they ordered, although I'm not sure exactly how many that was. He did say that over half his income for the day was from WoW TCG.

3) On the other hand, my two friends who still play the MMOG regularly don't have any interest in the TCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.