Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Williams
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question. Does the Mach Horror ability permit a separate attack for each other player's turn (presumably, paying the energy cost each time), or can it be activated only once until the Mach Horror's turn comes again?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
After use the ability would be flipped over (spent) until the end of your turn when it would Refresh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calinor wrote:
After use the ability would be flipped over (spent) until the end of your turn when it would Refresh.

Yep. When you use a ship ability, you flip over the card until the end of your turn. So you can use the power once per time around the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Williams
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the abilities have the "flip when used" bit in the bottom corner (easy to miss). And they are refreshed (flipped back) at the END of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Corral
msg tools
With regard to the ability of the Mach Horror, is the energy used automatically when the sentry gun activates on an off turn or would I have to "pre-allocate" the energy during my turn to "ready" the guns in case somebody comes within range?

I ask because the rules state on the player cards that abilities are used during the first phase on your turn. I am confused as the end of your turn is when "refresh happens." Would the guns be ready to fire automatically when I first purchase the ship or would I have to wait until my next turn to arm them - essentially making them useless for a couple of turns? Seems to me that a penalty like this is not the intended use.

I had a scenario where I upgraded to this ship with another player close by (whose turn was after mine). Would I have been able to immediately attack them on their turn?

Thanks for your thoughts and clarification - especially with regard to Ability usage vs. "refresh" timing....

-Adrian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to "pre-allocate" the energy for future use. You declare and activate it when the conditions are right, and spend the energy at that time.

It's ready to fire as soon as purchased.

Ability use and refresh timing can vary dramatically for different abilities. In fact Auto Pilot refreshes *before* it even activates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.