Subject: Official Variant 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Variant 3: Players must, of course, keep their cards hidden. However, the rules do not state if they may also hide the number of cards they still have. Our idea was that, like in most card games, this number is known from everybody. However, it happens that, especially with players who know the game well, the game is much more tense if this number is hidden. This is easy to practice, since the square cards can easily be kept in one's hand, and since there are few ladies with fine small hands among hardcore gamers. Pity.

Source: http://www.faidutti.com/index.php?Module=mesjeux&id=326&fich...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure that keeping this information hidden improves the game. If I know that the next player only has two cards left in his hand, I am forced to try to send a card back to his hand. I think it adds a strategic element to know how many cards the opponents have at any given time, so that you can choose to play accordingly. It would be a shame to lose the game simply because you didn't know how many cards your opponent had; the game has enough random/chaotic elements as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.