Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Much of this game is just doing the obvious. On the first turn, bring a stone to the temple, and procreate. On the second turn, try to bring a stone to the temple, and procreate. On the third turn build a hut. On the forth turn, pick up your offering marker, and procreate on both huts.

On the third to last turn, sit on three holy places and deliver your third offering marker. On the second to last turn, sit on three holy places and prepare to deliver your last offering marker. On the last turn, deliver your last offering marker. Sometimes someone hits you with a teleport or mana theft and it takes you another turn.

And in between, the choices are more, but not a lot more. This game is very obvious and dull to me. I've played ten times. I've won ten times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Did anyone try and steal items from you?

Did you always have the first turn?

Perhaps it's procedural at first but if your opponents see the same process then surely there are ways to interfere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jugular wrote:
Did anyone try and steal items from you?

When they could.

Jugular wrote:
Did you always have the first turn?

Mesopotamia has a good rolling start. First player gets two movement points, second gets three, third gets four, and after every player gets five.

Jugular wrote:
Perhaps it's procedural at first but if your opponents see the same process then surely there are ways to interfere?

When you have a Mana Theft card you can steal a mana. Sometimes an Expulsion card can slow a player for a turn. The script is still get mana and move tokens on the last few turns with few meaningful decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.