Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the base game and want an English version of this. Surely there must be enough demand to print 500 copies of this. Please consider it Pegasus Spiel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:
I own the base game and want an English version of this. Surely there must be enough demand to print 500 copies of this. Please consider it Pegasus Spiel!

One would think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Powell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I broke down and just ordered a German version. Was surprising easy to memorize/learn the actions of the cards. So, give it a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy the German version and use the paste-ups provided in the files section. Works just fine and this expansion really improves the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep Silver wrote:
Buy the German version and use the paste-ups provided in the files section. Works just fine and this expansion really improves the base game.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Beiswenger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love love love to see a reprint. The price of getting a German version is a little steep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bizwang wrote:
I'd love love love to see a reprint. The price of getting a German version is a little steep.

Send a note to Velma at Gamesurplus and she'll email you when she gets a copy in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Velasco
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
The German version's pretty much the only version you'll probably be able to find at this point. I purchased myself a copy and made a decent card descriptions aid to use with my original English base combined with the German expansion . The document is meant to be printed double sided, cut out, and laminated to fit exact in the original Speicherstadt box. Works super well. ;D

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/113977/speicherstadt-kaisp...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Keil
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
where do you get a German copy? I've even looked for that but can't find one anywhere. I even emailed Velma at Gamesurplus asking about the German edition like deep silver said and she said, "sorry it's out of print, I wish i could get more." I've searched all over the internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The English edition has long been out of print. Up until some months ago, the German version was still readily available, however, but the German has now gone out of print, too. I think it will be reprinted sooner or later, but it could take a year or more. Here's hoping that, when Pegasus Spiele/eggertspiele reprints the German version, they will reprint the English version, too!

EDIT: actually, since the 2014 second edition of The Speicherstadt has both German and English on the cards, my guess is they eventually will do the same for Kaispeicher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wyka
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could reprint my thoughts I would so totally upgrade to a linen finish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really hoping for a reprint of this, too, having gotten the base game a few weeks ago, and been playing the heck out of it. Love it!

The expansion looks to really up the ante, from Rahdo's runthrough of it. But there are no copies of the expansion anywhere I can find, even on ebay. Reprint time, Pegasus Spiel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too love the game and expansion, and had to get the German version of Kaispeicher as I couldn't find the English one.

A German copy is fine as you can print the English text from files here on BGG and slip it into sleeves with the cards. There is only a few cards with text anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Fonseca
msg tools
And where did you find a copy Tod?
I only seen it on amazon.de but it's crazy expensive the copy they have there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Sager
United States
Sebastopol
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nunoR wrote:

Just gotta say, I really wish Z-Man would have made it clear they weren't bringing the expansion over. I saw the euro release and decided to wait so I could get it cheaper. Then by the time it was clear it wasn't coming over, the English language version was sold out. Then I waited a few more weeks to get paid and the German one goes out of stock or very expensive too!

I would have instabuyed this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nunoR wrote:

From an English online store called Games Quest, but I think they are now out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tod_13 wrote:
nunoR wrote:

From an English online store called Games Quest, but I think they are now out of stock.

And having a quick look... they don't even list is on their site anymore, so I'd guess that's pretty conclusively out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:

I agree.

This is a great game; clever bidding mechanism, short, easy to explain, small box. I have the game and want the expansion but I wish someone would reprint both game and expansion for the sake of those who have neither.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TomAquin wrote:
I wish someone would reprint both game and expansion.

They just reprinted the game in 2014. You might be able to order it from Amazon.de. In the new printing, the cards have both German and English on them. I think they probably should just include the expansion in the game box in future editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think the expansion makes this something you'd want to play with two players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:
Do you think the expansion makes this something you'd want to play with two players?

Rahdo said as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
mpalframan wrote:

Absolutely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:

You don't enjoy the base game with 2 players? It's not as tense with the bidding as with 3+ I guess, but I still really enjoy it.

But the expansion does indeed ramp things up as you have 6 cards per round to choose to bid on instead of 3, so a lot more choice (or, you might say, agony of choice!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Festa
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news/chance for essen 2015?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seisyll W.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has become my favorite Feld. But only with the expansion. This really needs a reprint!

But since Notre Dame and In the Year of the Dragon haven't had reprints... My hopes are not high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.