Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Cook
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffs
flag msg tools
badge
I'd agree with everything you were saying, if only you were right...
mbmbmbmbmb
Having only played this once, and not being the owner of the game, you may need to take my reply at face value.

However........ this was a question specifically raised in our playing, and the owner (after scanning the rules) replied that as long as you have enough cubes, and tiles, the number is limited to once per tile per turn (IE exactly the same as your interpretation).

As I said, I don't own the game and have never read the rules, but for us - your reading is the correct one. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once per tile per turn. Being the owner of the game in PalletRanger's one play so far, I ought to be consistent with myself, but it's how the rules read to me, it's how we played it at Essen, and not once did Martin Wallace ever suggest it was wrong

The most hotly debated rule on the stand was what happened if the attacker has a strength of 2, ad the defender strength 3. The attacker isn't -2 down, but doesn't qualify for the 1:1 column.

The answer is that you use the STRONGER side to determine which column is used - so the DEFENDER's strength means that the battle is fought on the 1:1 column after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Once per tile per turn. Being the owner of the game in PalletRanger's one play so far, I ought to be consistent with myself, but it's how the rules read to me, it's how we played it at Essen, and not once did Martin Wallace ever suggest it was wrong

The most hotly debated rule on the stand was what happened if the attacker has a strength of 2, ad the defender strength 3. The attacker isn't -2 down, but doesn't qualify for the 1:1 column.

The answer is that you use the STRONGER side to determine which column is used - so the DEFENDER's strength means that the battle is fought on the 1:1 column after all.

What if the attacker has a strength of 3 and the defender a strength of 2?

Would I use 1:1 or -2 for my attack?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Cook
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffs
flag msg tools
badge
I'd agree with everything you were saying, if only you were right...
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly the same rule.. The fact the attacker's and defender's strengths are reversed in your example doesn't imply a chnge to the rule. Therefore, the battle would be fought at 1:1 ratio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallet Ranger wrote:
Exactly the same rule.. The fact the attacker's and defender's strengths are reversed in your example doesn't imply a chnge to the rule. Therefore, the battle would be fought at 1:1 ratio.

But don't you use the one that is most advantageous to the stronger side (in this case it would be the defender)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Guerini Rocco
Italy
Milano - ITALY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
Pallet Ranger wrote:

But don't you use the one that is most advantageous to the stronger side (in this case it would be the defender)?

The rules say that when two situations are applicable to the STRONGER part, then he has the choice of what to use. The key is that EITHER must be applicable, not only close to be applicable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.