Catan Card Game: Expansion Set» Forums » General

Subject: Question about Revised Expansions and Upgrade Kit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched through the forums for both this and the base game and can't find a simple answer to this simple question:

Is there any point in having the upgrade kit if you buy the revised expansions, or is everything included in the expansions?

I am looking to get everything in one fell swoop; an eBay seller has the revised base + expansions + upgrade, so I wondered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
NateStraight wrote:
I searched through the forums for both this and the base game and can't find a simple answer to this simple question:

Is there any point in having the upgrade kit if you buy the revised expansions, or is everything included in the expansions?

I am looking to get everything in one fell swoop; an eBay seller has the revised base + expansions + upgrade, so I wondered.

The upgrade kit adds cards to the OLD game + expansions. The new game + new expansion already has that content. This bundle seems pointless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks for the quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:

The upgrade kit adds cards to the OLD game + expansions. The new game + new expansion already has that content. This bundle seems pointless.

No bundle is pointless. The upgrade kit is for people with the old expansions and game. It was great to buy one thing to get all those upgraded cards without having to buy a whole new addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.