Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Blue Moon» Forums » General

Subject: Buka Families rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Ollenberger
Canada
Wetaskiwin
Alberta
flag msg tools
Looks like each Buka family has an animal as it's crest... Tan is that black crane looking thing, Marn is a crab, Paal a snake, Cha an octopus or squid, Ko looks like shark from the panneling of their ships, and we don't get to see any characters with the family name for the last one. Nifty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ollenberger
Canada
Wetaskiwin
Alberta
flag msg tools
Looking at the cards some more and doing a little bit of translating, figured out most of the "story" of the Buka invasion...
Appears that the two most powerful families, Tan and Marn, were having a wedding, when both bride and groom were killed and evidence pointed to the Aqua, Terrah and Pillar. This united all 8 Buka families for the first time in an invasion of Blue Moon. The Brotherhood of Pirates has been wanting this to happen for a long time.
The Chosen from each People are trying to reason with the Buka and prove the innocence of Blue Moon, which leads me to believe that the Brotherhood of Pirates was probably behind the whole thing, but there is no direct evidence of this.
Once again, nifty.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyrenn wrote:
Looking at the cards some more and doing a little bit of translating, figured out most of the "story" of the Buka invasion...
Appears that the two most powerful families, Tan and Marn, were having a wedding, when both bride and groom were killed and evidence pointed to the Aqua, Terrah and Pillar. This united all 8 Buka families for the first time in an invasion of Blue Moon. The Brotherhood of Pirates has been wanting this to happen for a long time.
The Chosen from each People are trying to reason with the Buka and prove the innocence of Blue Moon, which leads me to believe that the Brotherhood of Pirates was probably behind the whole thing, but there is no direct evidence of this.
Once again, nifty.


Almost correct. The choosen do not negotiate with the Buka. As far as the Brotherhood goes... read the book ;-)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ollenberger
Canada
Wetaskiwin
Alberta
flag msg tools
Forgot there even was a book!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:


Almost correct. The choosen do not negotiate with the Buka. As far as the Brotherhood goes... read the book ;-)



As there is unlikely to be an English language version, and as I am unlikely to learn German well enough, would anyone consider posting (or at least geekmailing me) a summary of the book?

-MMM
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McLelland
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
kilrah wrote:


Almost correct. The choosen do not negotiate with the Buka. As far as the Brotherhood goes... read the book ;-)



As there is unlikely to be an English language version, and as I am unlikely to learn German well enough, would anyone consider posting (or at least geekmailing me) a summary of the book?

-MMM

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ollenberger
Canada
Wetaskiwin
Alberta
flag msg tools
I also find it interesting that there are 8 Buka families, yet with the cards we are introduced to only 5. There are even 8 hands clasping on the Leader card... More Buka cards in the future? Or are the other families existing only in the book?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the read of the Buka rule leaflet, there will almost certainly be additional decks that have "ships", hence Buka style.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.