Subject: Differences between print runs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carol Medina
Spain
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the forums I found out about the 2nd and 3rd print run, and I was wondering if there is any difference between them.
I am still trying to get hold of a copy here in Europe, and in the threat about the watering hole I got the impression that the colors or art may be different from the first print run.

Anyone has further info? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rilmariel wrote:
Reading the forums I found out about the 2nd and 3rd print run, and I was wondering if there is any difference between them.
I am still trying to get hold of a copy here in Europe, and in the threat about the watering hole I got the impression that the colors or art may be different from the first print run.

Anyone has further info? Thanks!

From what I've read, The 2nd printing will have the updated water hole art, and the 3rd printing will have updated card art.

I don't know how accurate this is, so take it with a grain of salt.

Sources: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1292045/was-watering-hole-d...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1286541/why-arent-there-mor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Medina
Spain
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:

From what I've read, The 2nd printing will have the updated water hole art, and the 3rd printing will have updated card art.

I don't know how accurate this is, so take it with a grain of salt.

Sources: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1292045/was-watering-hole-d...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1286541/why-arent-there-mor...

I had the impression I read something like that around here, thanks!
That's why I'd love to know a bit more, or get a little preview of the updated art to know if I have to run to get a second print game, or wait for the third.

Edit: cold fingers equal missing letters blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Bowler
United States
Old Forge
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the 2nd print run has the different watering hole art and the 3rd print run has both updated card art as well as a few tweaks to a few cards.

*Fertility will change to proc (activate) only when there is food in the watering hole from the previous round
*The wording on Intelligence may change to reflect it's intentions/use
*The rules regarding Fat Tissue change so that all food eaten (and stored on the card) will score at the end of the game (or if Fat Tissue is traded out for another trait).

There may be a few other tweaks to cards, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Our plan is to make the 3rd print run cards available to everyone who backs the Flight expansion in March in some way shape or form. We're still not final about how we'll go about doing it, but that's an idea we're batting around the office. The thinking right now is to make it a stretch goal for EVERYONE who backs the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Medina
Spain
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
Our plan is to make the 3rd print run cards available to everyone who backs the Flight expansion in March in some way shape or form. We're still not final about how we'll go about doing it, but that's an idea we're batting around the office. The thinking right now is to make it a stretch goal for EVERYONE who backs the project.

Will it be possible to adquire the base game together with the expansion in the kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
That will be one of the options, but we are not planning on extending this KS internationally because we lost money on that with our previous KS campaign. So you'd have to make some sort of arrangement with a game store or a distributor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
That will be one of the options, but we are not planning on extending this KS internationally because we lost money on that with our previous KS campaign. So you'd have to make some sort of arrangement with a game store or a distributor.

That's disappointing as we still can't get the base at here in Australia at all. If we don't have access to the Flight KS either, I'm not sure how we would get a hold of it...

Couldn't you just charge extra shipping to Australia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:

That's a bummer. Just saw there is a german version coming out though, so maybe I'll have to switch to that one if other content is gonna be a pain to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely opt for the German edition if you have access to it.

We'll have to figure out some other option for people in Australia. It would be nice if we could find a distributor there. We'll look into it, but it'll probably be done outside of KS. The Internaional part of that campaign took a disproportionally large amount of our time, and we took a small loss on each sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finding a distributor would be great. Or even allowing Australians to purchase from you direct with us paying actual shipping costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:

well. that's not good. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Medina
Spain
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
We'll have to figure out some other option for people in Australia. It would be nice if we could find a distributor there. We'll look into it, but it'll probably be done outside of KS. The Internaional part of that campaign took a disproportionally large amount of our time, and we took a small loss on each sale.

EU was also a problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:

So will there be a way to get KS exclusive stuff/Promos for that German edition? Otherwise its really a loose loose situation for 'us'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
Finding a distributor would be great. Or even allowing Australians to purchase from you direct with us paying actual shipping costs.

I don't think we know the exact shipping cost until we ship it. And it'll get shipped from a warehouse, which complicates the issue more. I also think the warehouse only uses FedEx and UPS, which is usually more expensive for international shipping.

So those are some of the complications. Nick Bentley is going to run the next KickStarter campaign, so I will talk with him and see if there are any simple solutions. What I don't want is to get into another situation where we're spending all of our time catering to a market in which we're actually losing money when you factor in all of the outside costs (like salary).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rilmariel wrote:
domcrap wrote:

EU was also a problem?

I think so. The person who ran the Evolution KS has left our company, but my impression is that all the international orders were complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
domcrap wrote:

So will there be a way to get KS exclusive stuff/Promos for that German edition? Otherwise its really a loose loose situation for 'us'

I don't think so. I'm sorry. The other options turned into a lose / lose situation for the company. soblue

You can email Edoardo At North Star Games Dot Com about the promo pack. He might be able to make an exception for you. I don't think it's up on the website yet, but at some point we'll be selling the promo pack and all 3 coaster sets for $20 (at Essen we sold them for a combined cost of $30).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Medina
Spain
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
I think so. The person who ran the Evolution KS has left our company, but my impression is that all the international orders were complicated.

Well, maybe the person running this campaign finds some way to make it possible, be it a better distribution plan or more accurate shipping costs.
(one can hope )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Shepherd-Jones
United Kingdom
Walton on Thames
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I really hope a solution can be found for international backers, I'd back it in a heartbeat (if the shipping isn't going to gouge my bank balance! meeple)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoogChoo wrote:
I really hope a solution can be found for international backers, I'd back it in a heartbeat (if the shipping isn't going to gouge my bank balance! meeple)

Hi Everyone. Just introducing myself. I'm the guy to whom the task falls. I can't promise anything except that I'll look high and low for ways to make it work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Medina
Spain
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
milomilo122 wrote:
Hi Everyone. Just introducing myself. I'm the guy to whom the task falls. I can't promise anything except that I'll look high and low for ways to make it work.

Thank you very much! We can't ask for more than that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might live in the wonderful Scandinavia, but I'm not gonna be happy if I can't help kickstart the first expansion for Evolution after kickstarting the base game....cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milomilo122 wrote:
BoogChoo wrote:

That's all we can ask.
We do appreciate you trying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan H
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
domcrap wrote:

Would there be an option for previous PnP backers to upgrade to 3rd print either for free or another $5?
My school just got better printers so it'd be nice to abuse free printing before I graduate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mb

domcrap wrote:

I preordered the 1st printing from your website, and that came with the kickstarter strech goals.

I don't back kickstarters. I have reasons, and I realize this can mean I miss out on "exclusives." I am happy to preorder from some companies, though, North Star being one of them.

So, will the updated cards come with a preorder of Flight from the North Star website?

~J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.