Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Dyer
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Hollywood 4 times now and have enjoyed each game played.

However, it is unclear to me how the Sound Engineer card works. Do we get an additional $1 million for all genre icons we have in our movie or is it each DIFFERENT genre icon?

The stated rules had me believing I would count the total number of genre icons I saw on all of my movie cards, which in some cases would obviously give me a large amount of money, as opposed to just an additional $4 million for the different ones I see on the SE card. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get $1 million for each DIFFERENT genre icon in the entire film (making the card max out at $5 million--$4 million if all four genre icons are represented in the film, such as if you have a versatile actor card or the right combination of script/directors/actor/actress/stage manager to represent each genre, plus $1 million for the card's inclusion in the movie).

I thought there was an example in the rules that clarified this point, but I may be misremembering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dyer
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I had a feeling I might be using it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While the example in the rulebook *does* support Andrew's interpretation, we always play it the other way, counting *every* icon. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.