Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://spiele-aus-timbuktu.de/knatschturnier.html

On the Spiele aus timbukutu web side.
Michaels has posted the game for the rest of us to download and play.

Thanks Michael

There is LOTS of good stuff on this site if you pay it a visit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Knatsch - Das Turnierspiel New Michael Schacht Print & P
Are the English rules for this published anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started (bable fishing), but run out of time for today, if soneone would like to take up were I've started

Knatsch(Knights) - the tournament game
for 3 to 5 players starting from 8 years, approx.. 20 minutes.

PLAY
Once a year the king organizes a gigantic tournament. The participants argue about the favor of castle and about the profit of castles. But the life as knights is, as well known, not completely harmless. Who has too many wounds has no hope for total victory by itself. The player with most points of fame wins the tournament.

PLAY MATERIAL
36 tournament cards (red, green and blue backs)
and 10 starting cards (both sides the same).
In addition 10 six-sided dice are needed.

PLAY PREPARATION
- Each player receives 2 dice and a starting card with "+ +" and "<<” on it which are placed in front of themselves. Remaining starting cards are removed from play
- The tournament cards are sorted according to the multi color backs (red, green and blue). Shuffle each deck by itself and place in each deck in facedown piles in the center of everyone. The top card in each of the 3 piles is uncovered and laid out beside the pile openly.
- A starting player is determined in any arbitrary way and begins play.

EXPLINATION OF PLAY
The game is played in a clockwise direction.
12 rounds are played.

A round runs as follows:
- On a players turn he throws both dice.
- The player can repeat their throw so long as long as the sum of the two dice is equivalent or higher than the last throw.
- However if lower, he may roll the dice no longer.
- In addition, the player can stop voluntarily after a throw.
- In each case it lets the two dice before itself be because of the end of its course - they apply now to the player to the current round.
- The next player (clockwise) takes their turn.
- When all players have taken a turn the round ends.
- The player with the highest dice sum picks the one of the 3 openly which are laid out cards from the center.
- The player with the second highest sum picks from the remaining cards.
- The player with the lowest sum must take the card, which is left over.
- With ties, the sum thrown first is higher.
- Each player lays the captured cards out openly before themselfs.

- Afterwards the top card in each pile is uncovered and laid out beside the pile face up.
- The player, who had the highest sum, is now the starting player for the next round.
Note: Always thrown both to dice.
-
Castle Princess
If one wins the favor of castle Princess, it is worth 3 points. Each castle Princess has preferences for certain castles - recognizable from the 3 coats of arms.
If one wins a castle with suitable coat of arms, one gets bonus points: A pair of matching Princess and castle brings 3 points bonus.

The each castle won is worth 2 points.

The Defeat cards
The defeat cards are have red backs and are worth minus 1 point. Defeat cards represent broken lance, shield and injuries.
An additional minus 2 bonus for each pair of the same defeat cards.

The Potion Jar Card
One can recognize the Potion Jar Card from the light brown banner. Each player begins of play with 2 Potion Jar Card ("++" and "<<"). One can win further ones in the course of the tournament. In his turn player may use one and no more than one Potion Jar Card. It is played at the end of their turn.
- "++": the dice sum of the player increases by two. Thus sums over 12 are possible. The card is added to the dice and taken after the round from the play
- "-": the cube sum of every other player is reduced by one. The card is subtracted for the others dice and taken after the round from the play
- "=": the player takes over the dice sum of the player, already played. This card cannot be played naturally, if no player has gone before in this round to. The card is taken afterwards from the play. Note: A Potion card of the other player is not taken.
- "<<": The player may returns to the next to last cube result. It turns the dice on the appropriate sum. The card is taken afterwards from the play.

Unused Potion Jar cards counts as 1 point at the conclusion.
Note: If Potion Jar cards are played by several players "+ +" and "-", the values of these cards add up.

End Game
The play ends, if no more maps can be uncovered, because the piles are used up. For the scoring the value is noted on each card at the lower edge.
For the player its score is calculated:
- Each player adds the points of his captured Princess, Castle, Defeat and Potions Cards. – shown on each card at the lower edge
- In addition award a 3 points of bonus for each suitable pair of Castle/ Princesses,
- And a 2 negative points of bonus for each same pair of Defeat cards.
The player with hire score wins. In case of tie, the player with the fewest cards wins.
Importantly: Each card can apply only to a pair.

PLAY ORIGINAL KNATSCH(Knights) with TOURNAMENT RULES
You can play the original with the Tournament rules. However one should note the dice results of the current round, otherwise very many dice are needed.

@ mschacht 2006

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Peter Loop wrote:
PLAY PREPARATION
- Each player receives 2 dice and a starting card with "+ +" and "<<” on it which is layed out in front of themselves. Remaining lasting starting cards to come from the play.

So, is this one starting card per player (with the "++" on one side, and the "<<" on the other), or two starting cards per player (one card with "++" on both sides, and one card with "<<" on both sides)? I only ask because that's critical for putting the game together from the files. It looks like the double-sided cards have the same thing on the front and the back, based on the image files on the website.

What do y'all think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Just so y'all know, I emailed Herr Schacht, and he said the cards should have the same symbol on both sides.

Y'all being ME, I guess, since I'm the one who asked....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think 2 card on with ++ one with << they are the same front & back.

Hey my translation is mostly mechanical, I did some cleaning up, but ran out of time - IT IS NOT FINNISHED YET, I only posted here as a starting point for someone else to continue, before I get back to it. Please Use the Original German ( http://spiele-aus-timbuktu.de/p/KT.pdf ) until we get a cleaned up translation here. I can ask Michael (he is good about replying to email) if we have questions or want to get this turned into an offical translation.

Verkisto wrote:

So, is this one starting card per player (with the "++" on one side, and the "<<" on the other), or two starting cards per player (one card with "++" on both sides, and one card with "<<" on both sides)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.