Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I control two cities, can I attack one from the other? Would there be any reason to even try this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
If I control two cities, can I attack one from the other?

Don't think so. When we played someone controlled four cities going into the final round of battles. It really hampered his options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dipdragon wrote:
These rules are in the game Perikles, but you might miss them, or forget them.

Or get them wrong. To be fair to you, *I* got this one wrong in the Player Aid card, so it must be an easy mistake to make ...
Quote:

Commit Military Forces
It's the player who leads Sparta, unless they haven't got any "2" tiles, in which case it's the first player clockwise who does.

No, the player to go first in the "Commit Military Forces" phase is the player CHOSEN by Sparta. Sparta will usually choose the player to his left, though this can depend on where the "2-shard" tiles are.

Sparta can of course elect to go first, and might choose to do so to secure the "Main Attacker" status in a particular battle. Though I've not seen it happen yet in the 6 or so games that I've played or watched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule that I missed: each candidate cube is removed from the board when resolving elections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haberman
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dipdragon wrote:

You can't choose two tiles with the same colour - unless you have no choice.

This is only back-to-back, correct. In other words I can select Athens-Sparta-Athens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
habermanm wrote:
dipdragon wrote:

This is only back-to-back, correct. In other words I can select Athens-Sparta-Athens.

Never. The rules say "a previous round" as opposed to "the previous round". I think that is the best way to play it regardless of the interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dipdragon wrote:
Influence Tiles
In the 2nd and 3rd rounds all 36 influence tiles are shuffled - including those left on the board from the previous round.

The manual says "if he has already selected one of the same color in a previous round". They're not referring to "round" as in 3 rounds in the game, they meant previous turns in that same Influence Tiles phase?

dipdragon wrote:
Persians
If the Persians win a battle and gain a Location Tile, all players controlling the Persians that turn place a cube on that tile and each get the VP for that tile at the end of the game.

The manual says to handle this by having each player who took control of the Persian forces to place a leader statue chit/tile on that location tile[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=[Ran Over]=-
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
ackmondual wrote:
They're not referring to "round" as in 3 rounds in the game, they meant previous turns in that same Influence Tiles phase?
Right.

ackmondual wrote:
The manual says to handle this by having each player who took control of the Persian forces to place a leader statue chit/tile on that location tile
That's better, I think. Cubes are points -- don't want any uselessly tied up as markers. Although it's probably sufficiently rare as to not matter either way, but to need a marker for this AND need all nine statue tokens would be quite the feat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.