Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Dear Diary,

Tonight after James, William, and Dan departed, the remainder of the group of Terminal City Gamers that gathered at Jeremy's house for a focus group to evaluate a game in development were joined by Shari for a game of Tikal. Present for the game were yours truly, Andrew, as well as Jeremy, Shari, and Wes.

It was the first time for myself and I think Wes, while Jeremy and Shari had played previously. Being the eldest, I strated the game off, and right off the bat drew a treasure tile. That set the tone for the game for me. I was consistently motivated to go after the treasure at exclusion of all other priorities. In fact, at a point later in the game, there was no treasure to go for, and I really didn't know what to do with my action points. At that point, Shari had pitched a tent, and I figured I'd copy here and do the same, and it paid off.

After the first scoring round, all four of us were pretty much tied. After the second scoring round, we were still very close, all within a point of the next guy.

Then, things started to fall apart for Wes, while my treasure mania started paying off. Wes pitched a tent in a very bad position, and his expeditionary forces were virtually cut off from the area of the board where the valuable temples were being excavated. After the third scoring round, I pulled ahead by a few points, ahead of Jeremy, and then Shari, and wa-a-ay back was poor Wes.

In the end, Jeremy had the lock on the most valuable and only 10 pt. temple, I had a lock on a 7-pointer, and the rest of the good temples were quite hotly contested by Shari, Jeremy and myself. Wes ... well, I just don't want to talk about it anymore, my real life is depressing enough.

Wes scored first, then Jeremy. Jeremy scored impressively. Shari was not going to catch him, but maybe she could take away as much points as she could from me who was going to score last, and was sitting pretty with three complete treasure sets. But alas, I was still able score enough at the end to win by 3 points.

Final score:

Andrew - *103* (winner)
Jeremy - 100
Shari - 89
Wes - 70

Ratings:

Andrew - 8
Jeremy - 8
Shari - 8
Wes - 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.