Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Inititive card ever get turned over to the "Inactive" side?
In other words, can its owner simply turn it over and count that as an action. I would think not, but I'm gradually absorbing the rules' nuances.

My goal is to be knowledgeable enough to primarily just GM games by Vassal.
The last time that I posted my interest in this, I received no replies, so I assume that no one needs a GM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Initiative does not have a strategic action. It just sits there in all its speaker-induced glory.

If you really want to GM, check the FFG TI3 message boards. There is a large and active TI3 community there. But perhaps you should wait until the expansion comes out, at which piont there will be a big influx of people dieing to play (myself included).

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ermd wrote:
In other words, can its owner simply turn it over and count that as an action. I would think not, but I'm gradually absorbing the rules' nuances.

The last time that I posted my interest in this, I received no replies, so I assume that no one needs a GM.

Hi Bruce,

Again from the rulebook, p 36, (and actually from the Initiative Strategy Card text):

Initiative Strategy Card wrote:
...You do not take a Strategic Action during the Action Phase this round.

I infer from this that since you do not (can not) take a Strategic Action that you can't turn over the Initiative Strategy card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Ölmestig
Sweden
Halmstad
Halland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ermd wrote:

Most people seem to prefer the old fashioned PBeM. They are slower and overall more timeconsuming though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
ermd wrote:

Just as a thought, if you want to GM, you may want to try over at the Fantasy Flight Games forums. There is actually a whole separate "forum folder" devoted to TI3 PBEMs. If you posted your interest over there, I would guess that not only would you get several takers to play in it, but you'd also be able to get advice and help from some of the veteran GMs over there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.