Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
Could this expansion also be used with TTR Märklin?
Could you even play Märklin deck+map as (well obviously still slightly less balanced) Deutschland if you combined this deck into it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
max_s wrote:
Could this expansion also be used with TTR Märklin?
Could you even play Märklin deck+map as (well obviously still slightly less balanced) Deutschland if you combined this deck into it?
I'd also like to know this. I'm guessing we might need another train deck to compensate for the slightly odd distribution of cards in Märklin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
I'm thinking of normal train deck (from US,Europe or Nordic Countries), Märklin tickets+this deck. Use sleeves to make the ticket backs look same if playing seriously. No passengers. I imagine it would be pretty close to Deutschland. Maybe. Not sure if I'm sure enough to blind-buy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartłomiej Prędki
Poland
Kamionki
Wielkopolska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Märklin map is technically identical to the one in Zug um Zug Deutschland. I've got both and I can confirm this.
So if you've got tickets from the 1902 (we still don't know the details) and get a typical set of train cards (from USA, Europe, 1910 or Nordic Countries) you can play with Märklin map as ZuZ:D with the 1902 expansion (assuming you replace original tickets with the ones from expansion).
Tickets in Märklin and ZuZ:D are a bit different - 4 are worth less points and there are 10 more short tickets and 6 more long tickets.
And by the way - the bonus for completing the most tickets is 15 points in ZuZ:D instead of 10 in Märklin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hegerty
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
max_s wrote:
I'm thinking of normal train deck (from US,Europe or Nordic Countries), Märklin tickets+this deck. Use sleeves to make the ticket backs look same if playing seriously. No passengers. I imagine it would be pretty close to Deutschland. Maybe. Not sure if I'm sure enough to blind-buy...

But the Marklin train deck is AWESOME, why would you want to remove that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Because the whole point of this expansion is a new ticket deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
Neub wrote:

But the Marklin train deck is AWESOME, why would you want to remove that?

To have alternative way to play Germany map, without passengers and without buying TTR Deutschland, which feels lkke ripoff to me, since it's literally Märklin map but just different tickets and no passengers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uriel Sondervan
Israel
Avne-Hefetz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Marklin edition

and a Ticket to Ride base game with 1910 expansion.

My plan is to use

The Marklin map for play the Deutschland version
I knew that the maps are not exactly the same (few minor changes between few route colors)

The train cards from the 1910 expansion.

Trains from the original TTR

Instead of 60 wooden passengers (meeples) from the 1902 expansion I shell use color cubes (10 cubes X 6 colors: black, green, blue, red, yellow, white)
I hope to find a way to add this idea (of the 60 passengers that are on the board at the begin of the game) to other map too

I shell scan the tickets cards from the Marklin edition and reprint them after I shell add a different back from the Deutschland version
change the ticket with the different value (4 tickets)
and using graphic editor to add the missing tickets (16 for the Deutschland edition and 29 tickets from the 1902 expansion)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
urison wrote:
My plan is to use

The Marklin map for play the Deutschland version
I knew that the maps are not exactly the same (few minor changes between few route colors)

I really doubt that, because during a quick glance, I cannot see any differences when it comes to other thing than pure aesthetics. I actually think they are 100% identical!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
I ended up ordering.. I haven't had time to do full comparison yet (so that new tickets don't overlap with Märklin ones), but the maps are same so there should be no problems. Passenger mechanic is better than Märklin one, and you can use long routes without even sleeving since they're dealt separately anyway. This makes Zug um Zug: Deutschland completely redundant in my opinion, even though it does have prettier board than Märklin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Diesel
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
Now you have Marklin edition and Deutschland 1920? You sleeved cards and made it look exactly like Deutschland version? If you did, can you please tell us the difference, which is better for you and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.