Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I find this game a bit too chaotic with 4 players, but I think it might work as a partnership game. Has anyone tried this? Should the scores be added together, or only the lower score counts, or something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I have tried it, but here is how I would see it. Four players, each player controls one color (like normal) except in keeping score. Score is kept by team, not individual. In the first field, points are scored when your sheep are touching your partner's sheep, as well as your own. Second field, no changes, all points are scored. Third field, score if your team's sheep are touching the black sheep. Fourth field, again, no changes.

It appears like that would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, I think that would increase the scores for the first and third fields too much, since everyone scores at the end of each turn. I think it would be better to just use individual scoring and sum the team totals at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I can see that. But, if playing partnership, you would want to be able to set up your partner, etc. My thinking then could be either boost up the points in fields two and four, perhaps adding two points, so instead of four, it's six. I think that might throw the scoring back in balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.