Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Glenn
United States
Wheaton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if there is as site for Diplomacy like Spielbyweb.com. I'm looking for a way to play an online Dip game with my friends, so there would have to be a way to make the game private. I've played a number of games via the Judge, and I love it, but I haven't figured out any way to set up a private game in which I can also play.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ballinger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfglenn wrote:
I'm wondering if there is as site for Diplomacy like Spielbyweb.com. I'm looking for a way to play an online Dip game with my friends, so there would have to be a way to make the game private. I've played a number of games via the Judge, and I love it, but I haven't figured out any way to set up a private game in which I can also play.

Any ideas?

Idea 1: use dipbounced, and find somebody to be your game master. (I'm happy to do it for you.) http://www.dipbounced.com

Idea 2: Setup a mail drop or use a trusted friend to collect everybody's moves. When they're all in, plug them into jdip (http://jdip.sourceforge.net/) I *highly* recommend you have one friend act as an impartial moderator. When you don't have a judge checking syntax, there will be mistakes that have to be ruled on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
There are a few people around here who have experience. I know that ratpfink is one of them, having plyed in one that he ran elsewhere. I'm not sure if he'd be able to do it again, but it's worth asking him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.