Popular Tags: [View All]
patrice lalet
France
Carcassonne
Aude
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello !
I just discovered deck building games with thunderstone advance one month ago, i really love it, love these cards, but sadly AEG don't plan to print ToR anymore, i will never got it probably....also nothing new looks on the way, AEG website looks uninhabited... This very good game will not be continued ?

thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you know they aren't reprinting Tower of Ruin? Have you gotten this directly from AEG? AEG doesn't publicize Thunderstone very well, but it doesn't mean they aren't working on it. The same thing was assumed a year ago before Worlds Collide was announced. Unless you've heard something official, we don't know what is going to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrice lalet
France
Carcassonne
Aude
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes absolutly, this is the answer i got from AEG:

Hello Patrice,

Thank you for supporting Thunderstone! Unfortunately, there has been no word on a near future reprint of Towers of Ruin from our games team. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to ask.

I hope for a BIG deluxe collector box one of thses days
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ultralala wrote:
Yes absolutly

The primary thing to understand is that this:

ultralala wrote:
Unfortunately, there has been no word on a near future reprint of Towers of Ruin from our games team.

Doesn't mean this:

ultralala wrote:
AEG don't plan to print ToR anymore

It means they aren't sure if/when they are going to print one. It doesn't mean they won't, by any stretch of the imagination. Games spend months or years between printings before more copies are made. At the moment, the person replying has not heard whether or not it will have for Thunderstone. "No word" means "I haven't heard anything". It doesn't mean "nope". Have faith and hold on. It may be a while but there's still a very good chance that it gets another reprint. Thunderstone is one of AEG's longest running properties with tons of expansion/standalone support. I would be shocked if they abandoned it completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrice lalet
France
Carcassonne
Aude
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx you give me a hope meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope they will at least make another Thunderstone Advance expansion with 4th level heroes to current heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. There is already quite a bit of content out there. They could just make a smaller set to fill out the level 4 hero ranks (ToR, CoB,RoC, Num ... and StarterSet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
In the comments thread for this Dice Tower video Tom seems to confirm that it's dead - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU1qUycYxBA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
In the comments thread for this Dice Tower video Tom seems to confirm that it's dead - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU1qUycYxBA

That's too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been at least one (usually multiple) Thunderstone release every year. So hopefully for 2015 too! On weekend, I'm getting Into the Abyss. I probably won't be buying earlier releases than Worlds Collide, but eagerly waiting for the next expansion. I want some treasure cards and a real siege board. So hopefully the next expansion is about co-op. Different kind of disease cards might also be nice as Worlds Collide only has the basic ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Doyle
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mb
Deano2099 wrote:

I'm wondering if the comment to which you refer has been deleted-- I only see one comment from Tom on that thread and it only says something about how he's configured some of the decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Schandl
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zebo wrote:
I'm wondering if the comment to which you refer has been deleted-- I only see one comment from Tom on that thread and it only says something about how he's configured some of the decks.

It's somewhat hidden:

In a reply to
Marinos Marinos
Too bad that got canceled....Into the Abyss is the last pack.

The Dice Tower wrote:
+manjr I can confirm this. Seriously, though, there is a LOT of Thunderstone stuff out there, so I'm not worried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schandi wrote:
Zebo wrote:
It's somewhat hidden:

In a reply to
Marinos Marinos

The Dice Tower wrote:
+manjr I can confirm this. Seriously, though, there is a LOT of Thunderstone stuff out there, so I'm not worried.

All the news saying that TSA is dead still falls under the category of "hearsay and conjecture" until an official statement comes out of AEG. And customer service saying they don't know of a future release doesn't count as an official statement, CS reps are not high enough on the food chain for that. Was Tom's comment based on an official statement, or an off-hand remark? I don't know, but for now I'm still holding out hope that there'll be at least one more expansion to accompany WC and ItA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkwynd wrote:
Schandi wrote:
Zebo wrote:
It's somewhat hidden:

In a reply to
Marinos Marinos

The Dice Tower wrote:

All the news saying that TSA is dead still falls under the category of "hearsay and conjecture" until an official statement comes out of AEG. And customer service saying they don't know of a future release doesn't count as an official statement, CS reps are not high enough on the food chain for that. Was Tom's comment based on an official statement, or an off-hand remark? I don't know, but for now I'm still holding out hope that there'll be at least one more expansion to accompany WC and ItA.

I wouldn't hold your breath. AEG still hasn't officially discontinued Guild Hall, but almost everyone believes there is no more poroduct coming for that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Karat
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
Darkwynd wrote:
Schandi wrote:
Zebo wrote:
It's somewhat hidden:

In a reply to
Marinos Marinos

The Dice Tower wrote:

I wouldn't hold your breath. AEG still hasn't officially discontinued Guild Hall, but almost everyone believes there is no more poroduct coming for that game.

It is rarely in a company's best interest to officially announce that something is dead (though there are exceptions, like when fans keep pestering them). Even then, they'd only say something like "no products planned for 2015" -- there's nothing to be gained by limiting future possibilities beyond the current year's product plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karat wrote:
rickert wrote:
Darkwynd wrote:
Schandi wrote:
Zebo wrote:
It's somewhat hidden:

In a reply to
Marinos Marinos

The Dice Tower wrote:

It is rarely in a company's best interest to officially announce that something is dead (though there are exceptions, like when fans keep pestering them). Even then, they'd only say something like "no products planned for 2015" -- there's nothing to be gained by limiting future possibilities beyond the current year's product plan.

Two things. First, you are missing the fact that the person I was quoting was holding out hope for more product simply because AEG hadn't announced the end. I was trying to point out that AEG often doesn't.

Secondly, there is something to be gained. Gamers can get real testy when their calls for news are completely ignored as AEG has done with Thunderstone and previously to Guild Hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.